Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Outbound mail archiving

Angry Outbound mail archiving

The archiving features in Zimbra (where inbound messages are sent to a second "archive" mailbox) do not seem to address outbound messages. There have been posts asking about this before and the response is zmarchiveconfig but this command makes no mention of covering outbound messages. I need to know how to enable outbound mail archiving, not just inbound.

Thanks

This is just a bump up...

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by abreaux View Post
    This is just a bump up...
    Well, you might have found the information if you'd searched.

A quote from the blog about Archiving & Discovery:

"Zimbra’s archiving solution expands envelope information, resolves distribution lists, aliases and BCC’ed recipients to store a point-in-time copy of each message sent and received by each user mailbox archived. "
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

All well and good, however, my post says that it does not appear to capture outbound messages...looking at a user's archive mailbox, their sent items folder is EMPTY. This does not address my question.

All well and good, however, my post says that it does not appear to capture outbound messages...
    Actually your post doesn't say that, I read your post carefully first time and it appears you're asking for information about sent email being captured. To answer this specific question '...how to enable outbound mail archiving, not just inbound.' from above, there's nothing to enable. My answer in the previous post about capturing sent and received email says it all.

looking at a user's archive mailbox, their sent items folder is EMPTY. This does not address my question.
    So are you saying the sent mail is not being captured in the archiving mailbox at all? As far as I know the senders mailbox structure is not replicated in the archiving mailbox, have you done a search on the archive mailbox for a particular sent email?
    Regards

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    Actually your post doesn't say that, I read your post carefully first time and it appears you're asking for information about sent email being captured. To answer this specific question '...how to enable outbound mail archiving, not just inbound.' from above, there's nothing to enable. My answer in the previous post about capturing sent and received email says it all.

So are you saying the sent mail is not being captured in the archiving mailbox at all? As far as I know the senders mailbox structure is not replicated in the archiving mailbox, have you done a search on the archive mailbox for a particular sent email?
    The archive mailbox(es) have messages in the Inbox but no messages in the Sent Items. Should I expect messages the user sent to appear somewhere other than Sent Items?

I asked in my previous post if you have searched the archive mailbox for a particular sent item, have you tried that? Are you saying the sent items are not anywhere in the archive mailbox?
    Regards

Bill

Correct, I sent an email to an external email account, the message did not show up in the archive mailbox...I made sure the message is unique enough that searching would be easy. No matches found.

This is just a bump

Correct, I sent an email to an external email account, the message did not show up in the archive mailbox...I made sure the message is unique enough that searching would be easy. No matches found.
    I can't see any bugs related to this issue. Post the details (show original) of the message you are sending and the exact search command you're running on the archive.
    Last edited by phoenix; 07-18-2007 at 06:51 AM.
    Regards

Bill