Thread: Spam Training

Default Spam Training

My question revolves around Spam Training and checking.

I have two servers (both 4.5.5 FOSS).

Server 1:
    Mac OS X
    LDAP master, MTA, mailbox server (with POP3/IMAP enabled)

Server 2:
    Ubuntu
    MTA, mailbox server (with POP3/IMAP enabled)

So both of my machines are setup as MTA's.. currently I only have MX records pointed at Server 1 since I just deployed Server 2 not too long ago.

Now to the root of the question:

Does each server has its own spam/ham training accounts? I am only seeing one place for a spam/ham training address, and it looks like server 1 yank's email out of that on its cronjobs and that's it. Therefore Server 2 never gets any "updates" if it falsely classified something. Did I miss something?

I realize I will probably need to copy my dspam/SA training data from Server 1 to Server 2, but what about after that? anything? nothing? That's where I'm not sure of how its supposed to work.

Any insight would be useful, or tips from what others are doing in a multi-MTA environment using Zimbra AntiSpam.

Spam/ham accounts are global. Each MTA has it's own spamassassin/dspam databases so training still needs to be done on each MTA.

The zmtrainsa script will extract spam/ham from the system accounts and run the appropriate training for spamassassin/dspam. This is done from cron nightly at 11pm. At 11:45 another crontab is executed that deletes the contents of the system accounts.
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Excellent, thanks a lot.

I don't see the 11:45 job in crontab, but I do see in the zmtrainsa script that .fetchmailrc is created with the "keep" flag, and I don't see last night's spam in my spam account, so I know it's deleting it - just not sure on the exact time.. but that part is not important to me.

Thanks again.

You should have a crontab entry similar to the following which is responsible for cleaning up the accounts.

# Spam training cleanup
    #
    45 23 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmtrainsa --cleanup >> /opt/zimbra/log/spamtrain.log 2>&1
    Bugzilla - Wiki - Downloads - Before posting... Search!

Red face

I have a question along these lines. I *think* somewhere in my config I turned OFF the ability for SA to learn. Could that be? The SPAM messages that folks have tagged by clicking on the "Junk folder" icon (and it moves), aren't being picked up at night.

If I did turn the learning option off, where did I do that? I'd like to turn it back on so it is learning. I've poked around in the admin GUI but can't find it.

Thx for any help!