Thread: Move from old Zimbra server to new Zimbra server

Default Move from old Zimbra server to new Zimbra server

I have a need to move from our old Zimbra server (4.0.1OSS) to a new Zimbra instance running 4.5NE. We are unable to just upgrade to the latest version - as I've tried it 3 times and each time I am forced to restore since the upgrade doesn't work.

So I'm going to transfer the accounts one domain at a time. imapsync should handle the email transfer, I just need to way to automatically export & import the contacts and export & import the calendars. I think the REST interface should be able to do this, I know it can import. Can someone point me to some info on how I might go about doing this?

Much appreciated.

Thanks

Default I answered my own question

Ok, so I figured it out. the REST interface automatically downloads contacts as a CSV and calendars as an ICS. So I should be able to easily construct a script that exports calendars and contacts - then imports them to the new server and then uses imapsync to move the mail.

Default list calendars and addressbooks??

does anyone know of a zmprov command that will list a users calendars and addressbooks by the name that would available from the URL/REST interface?

this is one of the last pieces I need to get my zimbra-to-zimbra migration script completed.

thanks

This good enough? (it'll list mail folders too)
    zmmailbox -z -m <account> gaf

yeah that seems to give me everything. appo = calendars and cont = addressbooks, so that seems to work ok.

any idea how I might get the TAGs out as well? I have some users that have used this heavily. So if can keep the tags and keep the tag associations that would be great.

To see the tag names (obviously not going to show you the mails their attached to):
    zmmailbox -z -m user@domain.com gat
    Last edited by mmorse; 07-29-2007 at 10:11 PM. Reason: <account> confuses people-some keep the brackets

Great! This get's me a list of tags. But how do I export contacts to include the tag? Or I guess, what is it that makes the association between tags and elements? And how can I export this then import it back into another zimbra?

Ok - this is a long shot. Is there anyway to get the users password out? When I dump their LDAP settings the password field says VALUE-BLOCKED. It would be great if I could get their email out, because it would least disruptive for them during the migration.