Thread: Regarding Zimbra Mobile

Default Regarding Zimbra Mobile

Ok this is probably a dumb question but i figured I'd ask anyway ... is there ever going to be the option to modularly add things like Zimbra Mobile and possibly other connectors for the O/S version of ZCS? even at a cost?

I only have like 4 accounts on a personal mail server but I use the calendar etc quite a bit now and some features would be awesome to use and I wouldn't mind paying for them ... I just was hoping to not have to make a huge investment to satisfy my own "geek" bug and play around with more options that the NE folks have

I'm sure this possibly gets in to a LOT of grey area and price model breaking but I thought it was worth at least asking.

Regards,
    Lonny

It's not a dumb question-it actually gets asked alot.
    However my usual response is essentially that Zimbra has built up relationships with hosting partners (HSPs) & resellers (VARs) and it would be unfair/pointless to undercut their sales.

For accounts under 25 users, the VARs might help you with a request for a lower value of MobileSync Accounts Limit, and possibly the following turned off: Attachment Conversion, Backup, Cross Mailbox Search, Hierarchical Storage Management, ISync, MAPI Connector (outlook connector), etc.

(I'm sure you'll get a few posts/PMs shortly. More on the side of PMs probably, as they tend to not 'throw up advertising' in the middle of a thread.)
    Last edited by mmorse; 08-10-2007 at 02:43 PM.

... believe it or not I completely understand I would not want to cause any grief nor would I not want to stiff anyone or try to undercut peoples sales. I was just thinking out loud regarding possibly purchasing a single seat license for certain features or even paying for a couple depending on the feature but I do understand this possibly isn't in everyones best interest.

Not rocking the boat ... i love ZCS the way it is, just figured maybe I (or others) could buy a feature here and there. Looking back it probably wouldn't be in most partners best interest to make "exceptions" to their products and rules.

Either way I really appreciate the response!!!

--
    Lonny