Thread: [SOLVED] 5 beta2- shared tasks worked & now don't

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] 5 beta2- shared tasks worked & now don't

I couldn't see much in a forum search on tasks apart from requesting the feature. There doesn't seem to be this sort of behavior in the bug tracker entries.

Has anyone else seen this? Should I submit as a bug?.........

I initially had an extra task list on my account called IT. I then shared with 3 people view only and with 1 person as manager.

That all worked fine.

I then created another tasks list for a largish project and shared it with manager rights. Rather than specifying individuals, I used a distribution list (all members were zimbra users on our domain).

The invite went out, people clicked on accept and they could see the extra task list in their account. When they click on it though they get back

msg - system failure: Invalid hit type, can only task-sort Tasks
    code - service.FAILURE
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver

Now all shared tasks act like this unless it is an empty task list. I tested with another new list and just invited one person. As soon as I add any tasks to the list, they get the same error as above.

I've tried restarting all services with zmcontrol.

I might try a server restart and then an upgrade install with the 5 beta 2 installer again to see if it gets tasks working again. (I'll wait until people aren't using the system.... probably in about 5 hours)

I'm not sure if the behaviour was triggered by me using a distribution list (from GAL) instead of individual invites.

A reboot didn't fix it (wasn't hopeful but you never know).

The VPN to work is down at the moment, so I haven't tried running the installer again.

Edit..... Got VPN back before people started using Zimbra and ran the installer again. It's still broken, though not a big priority for us to fix at the moment. I'll search the bug tracker again and submit if I don't find anything.
    Last edited by neilmc; 08-15-2007 at 05:21 PM.

I am having the same issue with all shared task lists on my server. I'm using Zimbra 5 beta 2 Open Source edition.

We're looking into this, and will have a solution/advice soon.
    Thanks
    john

Looks like that's Bug 17856 - Server returns error when searching shared task folder
    Should be fixed in Beta 3

when is beta3 expected? (Just looking for ballpark guess)

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Looks like that's Bug 17856 - Server returns error when searching shared task folder
    Should be fixed in Beta 3
    Thanks John,

I hadn't checked back on the thread for a while. I've upgraded to 5b3 today. Install went well (I like the add to briefcase link on attachments).

I was just starting to look at shared tasks when tasks stopped working for me. I initially could see my own tasks, then logged into a test account to look at a shared tasks list. It displayed loading for ages.

Now when I click on my own tasks tab it either says loading for ages or doesn't do anything. I tried restarting zimbra & it is the same.

It looks like stopping and starting with zmcontrol can still trash the AV service for us. I stopped zimbra again, deleted /opt/zimbra/clamav/db and ran the installer again & it started normally.

There was another thread that raised the question of underpowered hardware contributing to av service failure. Ours is an old dell 2.4ghz desktop system with 768mb ram. There is a new server on order though, so I'll see how things go when I move the install over....

ClamAV has kinda been wacky lately.

There are several bugs open for Clamd, so you may want to search the bugzilla, and look to see if your issue is in there.

Don't think it's an underpowerment issue.