Thread: [SOLVED] changing user reply to address

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] changing user reply to address

hey everyone, i made an account mary@example.com. She has requested that her email address be changed to mt@example.com so I created an alias. However when she sends email out it still shows mary@example.com as the reply-to. She is using outlook 2003 sp2 w/ZCO 4.5.6. So I'm wondering how can I set her reply-to address as mt@example.com and keep the mary@example.com alias.
    I was sifting through zmprov and found

zimbraMailAlias: mt@example.com
    zimbraMailDeliveryAddress: mary@example.com

can I set zimbraMailAlias to mary@example.com
    and zimbraMailDeliveryAddress to mt@example.com without having to recreate the entire account?

That should just affect the incoming; if an email in queue is addressed to am alias recipient, postfix queries for the zimbraMailAlias attribute asking for the zimbraDeliveryAddress value as the result.

#EOF/myKnowledge The above is the only reason I jumped into this thread-Sry, I'm not current on the outlook connector/nor do I have outlook installed-thankgoodness!

(I do now know what the outlook connector looks at when deciding on the 'replyto' address)

Things to try:

changing the 'reply-to' in the web client options tab>mail identities> have any effect?

maybe set 'mt' as the canonical address (though this affects the 'from' not 'replyto' - I really couldn't tell you if the outlook connector would drop the different replyto then...)

EDIT: Now I doubt these two would actually work because someone would have mentioned it by now...

As a last resort you could rename 'mary' to 'mt' then set an alias as 'mary'? Would be the exact opposite of what you have now (might need outlook re-configuring)

Everyone's waiting for this:
    Bug 12404 - identities for the Outlook connector
    Bug 17242 - Outlook Connector: Reply-to address cannot be changed
    Last edited by mmorse; 08-20-2007 at 03:42 PM. Reason: someone would have done it already...this is why I don't answer outlook questions

could you give me an example on how to accomplish this with zmprov? I dont find the canonical address.

sry, my theory on things to test is probably debunked in about a second-maybe someone from zimbra will jump in with more relevant thoughts/status update
    This is already planned for version 5/accompanying connector:
    Bug 12404 - identities for the Outlook connector
    Last edited by mmorse; 08-20-2007 at 04:28 PM.

i just found it easiest to backup the pst, remake the account, and reimport it via the pst import wizard.