First off if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologize in advance. I tried to select the most logical forum but I'm not sure if I did. . .

If Zimbra would consider a pricing structure that makes some of the elements of the commercial package more accessible to small businesses (say, <50 users), they might actually get more paid subscriptions, for whatever that's worth. I'm thinking specifically of a la carte pricing for backup, outlook connector (per outlook user--I have 25 users and only 3 would use Outlook), and remote device connectors (also per remote device user) without all of the clustering and HA and stuff like that which we little guys can only dream about. . .

I've spent more time than I like to admit on the Open Source backup forum, and a huge corollary message to the whole thread is that while ZCS is the greatest open-source email solution out there in a whole lot of ways, there are a few items that have been reserved for the network version only, that a whole lot of us would love to use but can't afford, while paying for the network version would enable a ton of features we wouldn't use even if they were free. I'm not asking, for example, that backup would be made free (sure, we'd love it if it were ) but in my case Zimbra is being compared to a hosted POP solution that costs my company $25/month. Zimbra network would cost me between four and five times that, and unfortunately that price point forces me to stay open source.

Break out some of those particularly-useful features at a price point that we little people can afford, and I'm betting a whole bunch of little people will come forward with some cash! It's worth considering. . .