Thread: Zimbra OSS and lightning

Default Zimbra OSS and lightning

We use Zimbra 5 beta 2 on SLES10 SP1 with T-Bird 2.0.0.6 and lightning 0.5 for calendaring. I have setup lightning to connect to the zimbra user calendar and when i make changes in lightning, they show-up on the ZCS calendar. The problem we are having is events that are created still give an alarm days after the event. It seems that writing back to the ZCS calendar fails b/c when i "dismiss" the events they still show up. Does anyone else have this problem and how do we correct it?

Using Zimbra 5 RC1 with Lightning 0.5 and 0.7R2 - still the same problem... not sure how to resolve this.

Yep, we use the samething and we still are having the problem. Are we the only 2 people using zimbra and lightning? Or, is this problem extremely easy and we are missing something?

There is a bug report for this already:
    Bug 15288 - Appointment reminders gives false alarms for modified/moved appointment even after refresh

Until this is fixed, I can not deployed Zimbra server and Lighting to about 100 users.

From the bug: "Note: This behavior doesn't persist after reloging. Tested on dogfood."

It sounds like this bug is related to the rich webclient. Are you getting the alarms in Tbird/Lightning or in the AJAX client?

Also.. currently to remove calendar events from Lightning, you need to mark them as Status: Cancelled. You can't just delete them the standard way you would with a local Lightning calendar.

Thunderbird & Lightning - Zimbra :: Wiki

Default Zimbra and Lightming

I have the same problem, alarms appear recursively in lightning and there is no way to eliminate. I'm using T-Bird 2.0.0.14 and lightning 0.8; somebody knows any workaround.