Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WebDAV and Briefcase

I have the same problem with webdav on a Mac (Leopard).

Quote Originally Posted by jurg View Post
    I have the same problem with webdav on a Mac (Leopard).
    What problem? There are like 4 different issues in this thread.

Sorry, I was referring to the problem of the last post before me: when I put files in my webdav folder that have a space in the name, the space is translated to %20 in the web interface. Afterwards such a file cannot be accessed anymore using the webdav client in OS X, and cannot be deleted from the web interface. I'm stuck with them.

No worries. Can you search bugzilla for that? If it's not there, please file it.

Quote Originally Posted by miguel View Post
    - using davfs2 1.2.2 (latest release) I can mount, delete files, create and delete dirs, but it's not possible to create/copy files. The error is "cp: cannot create regular file `filexxx': File exists". I tried the option use_locks 0, so it wouldn't lock the filename before uploading but the error persists.
    I'd love to get this working but my testing (on Ubuntu Gutsy with davfs2 1.2.1-3) shows the same error.

It looks like this is an error in the Zimbra implementation of WebDav.

To quote from a posting from a davfs2 author:
    Quote Originally Posted by Werner Baumann
    Hello Andrea,

unfortunately the box.net people have decided to create their own 'HTTP-protocol' that differs in many respect from RFC 2616.

In this case it is the complete failure to respond standard compliant on a HEAD-request. When you want to create a new file, davfs2 will always use a Head request, to see of there is allready a file with the same name on the server. This is to avoid unintended overwriting of files. The server must respond with 404 NOT FOUND, if no such file exists. But box.net responds with 200 OK, which means the file exists.
    So davfs2 will not create a new file, because there allready is one, alltough it had not been there before.

Maybe some day I will add an option to switch of this check for buggy servers like box.net, but this will not be in the near future. There are more problems with box.net: it does not understand the EXPECT100 header (there is a configuration option for this), and does not respond with a correct error message. There may be problems with locks too (but I am not sure).

You may also have a look at SourceForge.net: Help for problems with box.net.

You may try the old 0.x.x version of davfs2. But best would be to send a bug report to box.net, including a copy of RFC 2616.

Greetings
    Werner
    Looking at the network traffic with Wireshark, this appears to be what's happening here:
    Code:
    No.     Time        Source                Destination           Protocol Info
         43 48.780500   192.168.1.153         213.160.120.214       HTTP     HEAD /dav/iain%40axiomtech.co.uk/briefcase/g HTTP/1.1
         44 48.815706   213.160.120.214       192.168.1.153         TCP      www > 44310 [ACK] Seq=3356 Ack=1465 Win=7936 Len=0 TSV=3212532233 TSER=3820620
         45 48.821412   213.160.120.214       192.168.1.153         HTTP     HTTP/1.1 200 OK
         46 48.821457   192.168.1.153         213.160.120.214       TCP      44310 > www [ACK] Seq=1465 Ack=3431 Win=14464 Len=0 TSV=3820630 TSER=3212532234
    In 43, davfs asks Zimbra if a file called "g" exists in the briefcase (which it doesn't). Zimbra responds with "200 OK" in 45, which Werner says means that it does exist, so davfs reports that it can't create an already-existing file.

(Note - I think davfs didn't make this HEAD check prior to version 1, which would explain why Miguel was able to copy anc create files with the older version).
    Last edited by iain; 01-31-2008 at 05:05 AM.

Default Error -43 using Mac OSX 10.5.1 (Leopard) creating files

I tried this, but first got an error that the site could not be found.. strange I thought, so I tried it in Firefox, and noticed it redirected me to /dav/username@domain .. so I tried that in Finder's "Connect to server" (mount).. and it works, I can browse. It's fairly slow feeling, but working.

However, when I tried to copy a file over, it gets angry and give an error that states...

"The operation could not be completed because one or more required items could not be found. (Error Code -43)"

... this happens after it looks like the file has successfully copied and "closed"

The filenames don't have spaces fwiw

I can create folders though.

I can also create files manually on the command line (touch /Volumes/USERNAME/Briefcase/mytest.txt

Tommy

I've raised bug 24178

I've got this working fine (webdav) for the default briefcase, both in XP and under Debian.

However, if someone shares their briefcase with me (let's say "bobs_shared_briefcase"), I am unable to read or write to that folder via webdav. For example, let's say I access my briefcase via Konq with:

webdavs://server/dav/myname/Briefcase

I am unable to access the shared briefcase via:

webdavs://server/dav/myname/bobs_shared_briefcase

Anyone else know if this is possible?

Just to add to the above...

I can see the folder in

webdavs://server/dav/myname

however, I am unable to see anything in that folder, and am unable to write to it.