Thread: Attachment sending Problem via Webinterface

Hybrid View

Default Attachment sending Problem via Webinterface

Hello, i have a Problem with attachment sending via Zimbra version 4.03 GPL on Debian sarge,

we have 4 Servers 2 are MTAs and one from this MTAs is enabled with antispam and antivirus.
    1 Mailbox and Webinterface Server and one LDAP Server.

the One without AV/AS is configured as the Webmail MTA

when user will send an EMail with the Webinterface and touch an attachment, the comes an error:

msg - upload could not be scanned: file 'domainteam.ppsx'
    com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException: upload could not be scanned: file 'domainteam.ppsx'
    at com.zimbra.cs.mailbox.MailServiceException.SCAN_ER ROR(MailServiceException.java:202)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ParseMimeMessage.attach Uploads(ParseMimeMessage.java:503)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ParseMimeMessage.parseM imeMsgSoap(ParseMimeMessage.java:286)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.ParseMimeMessage.parseM imeMsgSoap(ParseMimeMessage.java:174)
    at com.zimbra.cs.service.mail.SaveDraft.handle(SaveDr aft.java:77)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatchRequest(SoapEng ine.java:261)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:162)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapEngine.dispatch(SoapEngine.jav a:84)
    at com.zimbra.soap.SoapServlet.doPost(SoapServlet.jav a:223)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:709)
    at com.zimbra.cs.servlet.ZimbraServlet.service(Zimbra Servlet.java:173)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

code - mail.SCAN_ERROR
    method - ZmCsfeCommand.prototype.invoke
    detail - soap:Receiver
    data - [object Object]

can anybody help me?

hello and welcome to the Zimbra Forums!
    Please post your /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log

Also, what does zmcontrol status reveal?

Ok, i don't have a "mailbox.log" file on my servers all logs i have is the zimbra.log and the postfix mail logs in /var/log. In /opt/zimbra/log are:
    audit.log, logger_mysqld.log, sync.log, syncstate.log, synctrace.log, wbxml.log, zimbra.log, zmmtaconfig.log and the statistcs csv files. No mailbox.log file

the zmcontrol status output is:

-snip-
    zimbra@hermes1:~/log$ zmcontrol status
    Host hermes1.mydomain.com
    logger Running
    mailbox Running
    zimbra@hermes1:~/log$
    -snip-

I looked in all logfiles i found, but find nothing to this error.

The error message is "SCAN_ERROR". is this a problem about clamav that is not running on this server, because mta is not on this server.

So it seemes to be that the attachment should be scanned on upload, but the webmail configured MTA and the Mailbox Server don't have clamav active.

regards alex

My first advice would be to upgrade...

What is the aim of having two MTA servers if only one of them is AV/AS ?
    What is the use of the second one ?

hello klug,

an upgrade at the moment will be shurly bring a lot off problems, because there are over 450 mailboxes on it, and we have much other problems like zimlets not working, the logger service shutdown everey week and and and.... we plan to beginn migrate to the Network Edition under ubuntu but i must wait for the investment release for new hardware from my boss.

we have two MTA servers because:

we have customers who pay for antivrus and antispam solution and customers without AV/AS. And i haven't find a way to define this per domain.

So some customers have the first as MX Record and some the second.
    also is there a problem by sending over the first with AV/AS, because the AS is also scanning the Output messages and in some cases, customers wich use only pop3 and sending e-mails from one employe to another, the messages where tagged as SPAM.

So we have defined the Second MTA as the Webmail MTA, and now all outgoing messages will not be scanned.
    Last edited by zlex; 09-06-2007 at 01:11 AM.

I understand the use of the two MTA.

I'm really not sure this is a "stable" solution as Zimbra itself won't be able to do the difference between the two MTA (onre running the AV/AS the other not running it).

Have you thought of running an external MTA (outside Zimbra), some kind of incoming smarthost with such capability (all domains going through it but some with AV/AS running and some without) ?

This won't help on the "Junk" and "Not Junk" buttons of the webUI (both will be here) but you'll get to your aim (customers with AV/AS and customers without AV/AS) and your Zimbra setup will be a bit more stable.