Thread: Change Outgoing Domain

Default Change Outgoing Domain

I am running Zimbra Open Source Edition version 4.5.6. Currently it is just used for testing on a server named macserver.xxxx.xxxxxx.com (x's used for privacy). I would like to have all outgoing messages be sent from user@domain.com not user@macserver.xxxx.xxxxxx.com. I know in sendmail one would just create a genericstable entry but I can't find something analogous to this in Zimbra. Is this possible and if so how? Thanks.

Welcome to the forums,

In the admin console gui-simply create a new domain, then open the individual user's settings you would like to change-and simply change the drop down to the other domain)

Don't delete that macserver.domain.com just yet! There's logfiles/daily reports that get sent to admin@domain.com.

In fact I don't delete it at all:
    I move my admin account(s) to the new domain, then in admin@domain.com I make aliases for admin@macserver.domain.com, root@macserver.domain.com, postmaster@macserver.domain.com, abuse@macserver.domain.com

Or you could examine your config (zmprov gacf) and change all the references to the admin account, but it's just easier if you leave the extra domain as it was.
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-11-2007 at 10:06 AM.