Thread: [SOLVED] Remove main domain!

Hybrid View

Default [SOLVED] Remove main domain!

Dear all,
    I had setup a Zimbra email system which serve for two domains: abc.com and xyz.com. I setup abc.com domain as main domain (in installation Zimbra progress) and xyz.com domain as the second domain (virtual hosting). Now, i want to delete abc.com domain from zimbra system and use xyz.com domain as main domain. Do you have any ways to do this? Please help me.
    At present, xyz.com domain is being used to send/receive mail normally while abc.com domain is being operated on the other system (abc.com domain on zimbra system not be used to send/receive mail ). The issue is: i can't send mail from xyz.com domain to abc.com domain (rely on the other system) because i have abc.com domain is relying on my zimbra email system. Can i delete abc.com domain from zimbra system and use xyz.com domain as main domain?

Many thanks,

Are the accounts in xyz currently? (like you removed xyz from a virtual host, made it a new domain of it's own, and moved users to it?)

(You never mentioned your DNS/MX or hostname records so I assume you have no trouble with that.)

Also-If you want the Zimbra server to relay all mail destined for a particular domain to another mta, you can forward the domain.
    zmprov
    md example.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @abc.com
    md example.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @abc.com
    md example.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:somemta.abc.com
    ManagingDomains - ZimbraWiki

to set the default domain there's:
    zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomain domainthatyouwantdefault.com
    Last edited by mmorse; 09-19-2007 at 08:09 AM.

Thanks for your reply.
    At present, only xyz domain contains mail users and the users is using to send/receive mail normally. abc domain only contains the system accounts such as: admin@abc.com,wiki@abc.com,spam@abc.com.
    At first, my boss have plan to move abc domain (hosting on the other system) to our private system. So, I has decided to build Zimbra mail system which used for 2 domain: abc.com and xyz.com (abc.com as main domain). Now, my boss give up this plan and i have the problem with sending/receiving between this two domain. When i send mail from xyz dmain to abc domain, zimbra will send to my abc domain (on zimbra) which not have accounts. My task is delete abc domain from my Zimbra system to send mail from xyz domain to abc domain (is being hosting on the other system).
    Do you have any ways to help me?
    Can i delete abc domain from zimbra and xyz domain will operate as main domain?

Thanks,

Can you move over the admin/global documents account?
    (Don't care about the domain documents account)
    Afterwards do a zmprov gacf to confirm that all your admin notifications for mail reports/logs/backups are admin@xyz.com

After you restart-you also need to be sure you're free from hostname/dns/mx record issues for mail delivery.

Thanks mmorse,
    Could you say more things?
    Please help me!!!

Best Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by zibra
    Could you say more things?
    more detailed steps? more choices? (I count too possible options so far-one based on keeping the domain and one based on deleting it) But it sounds like your going with the delete route correct? (you can always add it back...)

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Are the accounts in xyz currently? (like you removed xyz from a virtual host, made it a new domain of it's own, and moved users to it?)

(You never mentioned your DNS/MX or hostname records so I assume you have no trouble with that.)

Also-If you want the Zimbra server to relay all mail destined for a particular domain to another mta, you can forward the domain.
    ManagingDomains - ZimbraWiki

to set the default domain there's:
    zmprov mcf zimbraDefaultDomain domainthatyouwantdefault.com
    I have a similar situation in my configuration currently. We had started a migration off Gmail to Zimbra and had to back out. I had attempted to setup forwarding for my domain via:
    Code:
    zmprov md mydomain.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress @mydomain.com
    zmprov md mydomain.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress @mydomain.com 
    zmprov md mydomain.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:aspmx.l.google.com
    Now that we are set to move forward with our migration again, I'd like to remove this setup. Do I need to do anything other that change the value of 'zimbraMailTransport'? Or do I need to remove the CatchAll parameters as well? How would I do that?

zmprov md domain.com zimbraMailCatchAllAddress ""
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraMailCatchAllForwardingAddress ""
    zmprov md domain.com zimbraMailTransport lmtp:server.domain.com:7025

Awesome! Thanks much.