Thread: Stuck in page refresh loop when trying to login using Ajax interface on 5.0b3

sdemeyer Guest

Default Stuck in page refresh loop when trying to login using Ajax interface on 5.0b3

I'll try my best to explain this issue

I just upgraded to Zimbra 5.0 Beta 3.

Everything works perfect when connecting from our internal network.

However, when accessing from Internet via our reverse proxy server and using the "Advanced" version, when I click the log in button all that happens is a blank page appears and just refreshes itself every second or so.

I tried selecting the " basic" HTML version and that worked fine. I was able to see my e-mail.

Also, the advanced version worked fine through our proxy server in Zimbra 4.5.x

Where would I look to try and figure out what the problem could be ?

Can you give us a little bit more info on your setup?

browser?
    can other clients access?
    Anything in the logs?
    any javascript erros?
    can you view the source? If so, where does it stop?

sdemeyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    Can you give us a little bit more info on your setup?

browser?
    can other clients access?
    Anything in the logs?
    any javascript erros?
    can you view the source? If so, where does it stop?
    Well, I gave up due to no response and installed 4.5.7
    But,I tried for several days to find the problem, to no avail.

1. Had the problem with Firefox 2.0.0.6, IE 6 and IE 7 on both Windows and Linux boxes

2. The way I must connect from outside our network is through an IBM WebSphere reverse proxy server. I type https://xxx.xxx.xxx/mail in my browser and the proxy server then sends the request to my Zimbra server on port 80 (no https). Also, I have no access to the proxy server, can't see the logs or config.

3. I looked through every Zimbra server log I could find and did not see anything unusual or any errors.

4. I did notice a lot of errors on my browser error console but they seemed to be mostly related to CSS.

There is a similar issue in 4.5.7 that requires me to enter my username and password 2 times when accessing though the proxy server. Kind of weird, but once logged on, everything works perfectly. Two times meaning I enter my username/password, click OK, then another log on box appears, asking for my credentials again. The second login box is missing all the "remember me" text and chekbox.

Also, as originally stated, none of these issues exist if I am directly accessing Zimbra from our internal network. One of the main reasons we are looking at Zimbra is for it's excellent remote e-mail access and availability of shared folders.