Thread: Issue with shared mail folders (RC1)

Default Issue with shared mail folders (RC1)

I've got an RC1 server going, and we're playing with the shared email folders.

When a user2 is connected to user1's shared folder, user2 must reload the client to see updates, such as adding or removing subfolders, or even if user1 deletes the shared folder in question. Even if user2, with manager access, creates a subfolder this happens.

When I refresh user2's browser page, or log out/back in.. the folder information is updated, or when user1's shared folder itself is deleted, user2's will be marked with strikeout. I was not able to have this refresh any other way.

I hope that's clear enough. I didn't see any bugs specific to this, but it may also be tracked by another bug.

This was using the rich client in FF2/linux.

Has anyone else seen this? Shared email folders don't update on the recipient's end without login/out or refreshing the page?

Is there a bug in bugzilla tracking this that I'm missing, or is this possilbly even fixed in RC2?

I see what you mean,
    I wonder if this may have some spillover effects (it was originally for the calendar): Bug 6082 - enable notification for delegate stores/shared folders

But don't think of 'notification' as in an email message & think of 'manager' in-place of 'admin':
    In the case where a calendar is shared with an admin notifications are not sent. If the admin makes a change to the mounted folder they must hit refresh to see the changes.
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-17-2007 at 02:27 PM.