Thread: What kind of function?

Default What kind of function?

Hello zimbra members,

can anyone tell me :what kind of function have the domain who is created when the zimbra is installed?

,or can give me samo pages with the same problem.I tried many pages but there is explaind how to configure, no what is the function

Thanks

Wink more details

my problem is, I have an external LDAP server and when I make connection with the zimbra the Test is succesfull, but when I want to log on with authentication from LDAP, zimbra can't log on. and I think that, that the problem is in my domain, but I don't know what.

authentication with the internal LDAP from the zimbra works.

Okay, so the test during the External LDAP wizard works. Have you created the accounts within Zimbra? You need to have both accounts listed in Zimbra, as well as matching ones in your LDAP. Zimbra has lots more info for the account, and it only uses the LDAP for password purposes.

I made an a account in zimbra with same user/pass from my external LDAP but don't work again.what is the problem?can you tell me?

Can you enter in that username/password when doing the test for LDAP authentication? (just go through the setup steps again) If the username matches (uid=username - no domain name or anything else) then it should work.

If not, what version of Zimbra are you running? Do you use this LDAP for authentication for anything else? And what hash are you using to store your passwords in LDAP? I'm using {crypt} for mine.. makes it compatible with lots of things.