Thread: Zimbra and eDirectory

Default Zimbra and eDirectory

I have been tasked with installing the latest OES2/eDirectory from novell. We have zimbra oss 5 RC1 on the same box. Will it be a problem to install edirectory onto a system with zimbra?

I think i have found my answer and it appears to be no as i get a "port in use 389". So, is there a way to install some other "ldap" on the same system as zimbra? Maybe change a port number?

OK, talking to myself seems to make me think
    How about if i set a different ip on a different NIC and configure edir to use this new ip. Will zimbra be OK with that? Steps i am thinking about doing:
    1.shutdown zimbra email (which is using the ldap port 389)
    2.install edir and let it bind to both ip's
    3.shutdown edir on all ip's
    4.edit nds.conf to reflect the ip that zimbra is not on
    5.start zimbra
    6.start edir
    7.cross fingers

Will zimbra continue to work?

Zimbra will automatically bind to all available ips. You can change that behavior thought. Check out this link:

http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...en-one-ip.html

Thanks. I went to that link and see that the link for the ldap connection software no longer exists. We use zimbra 5 os edition and some things are different like zimbra 5 does not use tomcat, it uses jetty.
    So, from reading your post\, zimbra will complain about something on the other address?

Oh, you are right about tomcat. A quick google search gives me this url: Changing the Jetty configuration - Hippo

Maybe that can help you change the ip address of jetty. Search for the right xml.

Also, i'm not sure this changes will survive to updates. Have you thought on doing virtualization?

Thanks,

OK, i have followed that link for changing jetty to bind to a specific ip and the first step:
    Locate the components.xconf
    I have searched for this file and do not have it. I do have jetty.xml but i do not see where to bind jetty to a specific ip in that xml file.
    I have done everything here except jetty, zimbra java and clamd (clamd says not tested and to leave clamd as it is for now). For the zimbra java, i use a linux server and it has a ldap browser but i can not connect using the supplied info and the above link.