Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: thunderbird w/ lightning - can't connect to calendar

Quote Originally Posted by dwmtractor View Post
    I understand you can restore mailboxes from the NE edition (I think; I don't have it)
    -yup, it's called zmbackup

Quote Originally Posted by ikiini View Post
    I will not be able to attempt this for a while as the guy who runs the server is out of town for a while...
    Ikiini, your last post had me thinking - I can't actually find any posts where you mention your zimbra version.
    Even though you have some posts in a thread with 'open source' in the title; it's about calendar syncing & where your comments start on thunderbird w/lightning really has no effect on version.

Can you confirm for us? For all we know, you might just have access to the domain admin console and therefore can't see the backups tab.

Actually, if by "recreated my account on Zimbra" ikiini means he deleted the account on the Zimbra server and re-created it, the mail is probably NOT there
    yep this is what I did...I removed the account then added a new account.
    I would really hate for you to go through all this and it turns out you were a NE customer.

preferred, via the command line:
    Code:
    su zimbra
    zmcontrol -v
    or in the main search bar of the advanced (ajax) web-client enter:
    Code:
    $set:get version
    Then add it to your profile by simply going to > http://www.zimbra.com/forums/profile.php?do=editprofile > about halfway down the page 'additional information' > zimbra version blank
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-23-2007 at 12:30 PM.

YES!!!! I got it...Still not sure what version I have at the moment but I Do have admin access to the web client. I found in there a section called back up. I was then able to back up an individual user...this i did...I am now going to remove try copying the mail to the new user i created..thanks..

Another question, In thunderbird, I can create a new event and invite others and I get the new mail window with the .ics file which i send to these and every one gets it and accepts and the event is on everyone's calendar. Now I want to modify that event...and it only modify's my calendar. No ics to send to the others to notify them that we're having lunch today not tomorrow... so now every one don't know about lunch today...that sucks for them...I am pretty sure I did this before..I modify an event and I had to send out the ics to the invitees to update their calendars...any idea as to why this is now not working..? or maybe it never worked... i'm not 100% sure. Thanks

-B

-B

YES!!!! I got it...Still not sure what version I have at the moment but I Do have admin access to the web client. I found in there a section called back up.
    This proves you have the network version; that wouldn't exist on open source. You are now REALLY glad you followed Mike's advice instead of mine!

As to your calendar question, I'll have to defer to others; I've only played with the calendar and not set it up for many users, so I'm a bad one to test it. I may try to duplicate your results later today if I get a chance to breathe. . .

Thanks a lot. It should take to long. You need thunderbird and the lightning and provider plugins..use the URL: <server>/zimbra/home/<username>/calendar?fmt=ics.. Then try moving an event once you have added it. for me it updates my calendar but not my invitees..

.Let me know if you experience the same problem. Thanks

-B

Double
    This proves you have the network version; that wouldn't exist on open source. You are now REALLY glad you followed Mike's advice instead of mine!
    YES!!!! I got it...Still not sure what version I have at the moment but I Do have admin access to the web client. I found in there a section called back up. I was then able to back up an individual user...this i did...I am now going to remove try copying the mail to the new user i created..thanks..
    Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Ikiini, your last post had me thinking - I can't actually find any posts where you mention your zimbra version.
    Can you confirm for us? For all we know, you might just have access to the domain admin console and therefore can't see the backups tab.
    I would really hate for you to go through all this and it turns out you were a NE customer.
    Ikiini, could you please still add your version info to your profile? As you can see it makes a big difference in the commands we give or options that we present you with. See the above/previously given 2 methods for finding it (though there are way more methods you should be able to do at least one of the above) ^jump^

Additional documentation on methods you could have used to restore can be found at: CLI - zmbackup Network Edition Only - Zimbra :: Wiki
    & /docs/ne/latest/administration_guide/10_Backup_Restore.13.1.html

Ok, back to the thunderbird/lightning - original reason for this thread - lol
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-25-2007 at 03:48 PM.

Thanks a lot. It should take to long. You need thunderbird and the lightning and provider plugins..use the URL: <server>/zimbra/home/<username>/calendar?fmt=ics.. Then try moving an event once you have added it. for me it updates my calendar but not my invitees..

.Let me know if you experience the same problem. Thanks

-B
    In my tests it's worse than that. There's another thread on this issue where one post mentions that if you create an item in Tbird, then do anything on it (move, change, whatever) in the Zimbra UI, you can no longer edit it in Tbird; any edits you do revert to the last version done on Zimbra when the calendar reloads. In my tests that includes accepting an appointment from another user.

I'm not using Lightning .5x because it just upgraded to .7 today, but I am experiencing a variety of issues with the Tbird-lightning connection:

1) I have successfully connected to one shared calendar I created in my admin account, and the private calendar of one of my three IMAP accounts that I have synchronized on this Tbird installation. The other two IMAP accounts, when I try to connect to their calendars, return me this error:
    Code:
    [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x804a0100 [calIICSService.parseICS]"  nsresult: "0x804a0100 (<unknown>)"  location: "JS frame :: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/<username>/Application%20Data/Thunderbird/Profiles/2yl5iocm.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calIcsParser.js :: ip_parseString :: line 60"  data: no]
    2) I can create and delete appointments on the calendars that I am successfully connected to, subject to the limitation that as soon as I touch them in the Zimbra client I can read, but not change them in Tbird. However, neither invitations nor accepting invitations work at all.

I would love to see the folks at Mozilla and those at Zimbra get their heads together and tighten up this connection; it would make a killer app all the more killer. But we're clearly not there yet. . .

I'm also not sure whether these are bugs to file with Mozilla or Zimbra because I don't know enough of the guts to know whose problem it is. . .

Dan

Wish this guy we're still working on lightning & sunbird lilmatt’s mozilla blog » Lightning
    -guess we'll see what MailCo comes up with
    Last edited by mmorse; 10-26-2007 at 04:35 PM.