Thread: thunderbird w/ lightning - can't connect to calendar

Hybrid View

Default thunderbird w/ lightning - can't connect to calendar

OK this has been working for a long time up until today. I believe its a zimbra issue. I can't get to connect to my calendar at all..i get this error message.:

descripion of error: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [calIItemBase.icalComponent]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///home/bwilliams/.thunderbird/dv51s956.default/extensions/%7Be2fda1a4-762b-4020-b5ad-a41df1933103%7D/js/calIcsParser.js :: ip_parseString :: line 117" data: no]

all I did was to manually delete an item using the zimbra web interface. and now the connection using thunderburd and lightning is not working. I tried reinstalling thunderbird and still a problem. I can see other peoples calendars by the way. People who share their calendars with me i can see them..I just can't see my own. Help Help Help. this is driving me nuts.

-B

Default this is a zimbra calendar issue.

I just tried with another user account and every thing worked fine. So this is something with my own zimbra account. What should be my initial approach to solving this? any ideas?

-B

When you re-installed Thunderbird did you delete your mozilla profile?

Also what version of Lightning are you using?
    Because we all can't be geniuses, I'll go first.

Default fixed but new problem...

i'm not sure. I removed the .thunderbird folder from my home directory. But I just got it fixed. I recreated my account on zimbra and it worked. However I forgot to save my mail and guess what...its all gone...My next problem is..how do I recover this deleted mail I would imagine that Zimbra being used in so many place would have some sort of recovery system in place for not so great decisions like mine a few minutes ago. How can I recover mail from a deleted account.?

I am using the most recent version of lightning (0.5) provider(0.2.1) and thunderbird (2.0.0.6)

-B
    Last edited by ikiini; 10-23-2007 at 09:04 AM.

If you were using pop3 and had Thunderbird set to remove from the server after X amount of days you might be out of luck. If you are using IMAP it should still all be on the server. In either case do you have a recent backup of your account?
    Because we all can't be geniuses, I'll go first.

Actually, if by "recreated my account on Zimbra" ikiini means he deleted the account on the Zimbra server and re-created it, the mail is probably NOT there

I understand you can restore mailboxes from the NE edition (I think; I don't have it) but the only documentation I have ever seen for restoring in Open Source involves restoring the entire backed-up folders of a complete Zimbra install. This is useful for disaster recovery--disaster being defined as server dying, not as in the manmade disaster of a deleted mailbox

For that, my best guess (and it'll be a pain) is that you'll need to restore your backup onto another box, and then use either IMAP sync or else a client like Tbird logged onto both accounts, to move the messages over.

Dan