Thread: forward explicit, not bouncing like

Default forward explicit, not bouncing like

we are having a very captious issue
    we have changed postfix main.cf to send in bcc every mail to a tarpit account
    always_bcc = tarpit@domain.com

now, company ceo asked us to add a forward to his account into tarpit account; sadly, forward is like bouncing in kmail (click "e" on mail and mail is bounced to an address); company ceo has no way to distiguish mails for him and mails "by way from tarpit"

what is needed is a forward with sender = tarpit, receiver=ceo account, mail forwarded into body or in attach
    or a trick to distigush mail to ceo by mail coming from tarpit

any advice would be very appreciated

maurizio

Quote Originally Posted by maumar View Post
    what is needed is a forward with sender = tarpit, receiver=ceo account, mail forwarded into body or in attach
    or a trick to distigush mail to ceo by mail coming from tarpit
    Maurizio, I see what you're trying to do, and I just tried it myself. The problem is that nothing in the auto-forward puts any distinctive string into the mail header that you could use to trigger a filter. I see three possible solutions:

1) File a RFE with Bugzilla, asking to add an option for a specified string to be prepended to the subject line of auto-forwarded emails. This could be a field that could be entered either in the admin GUI or the user's own prefs.

2) If your CEO is using an IMAP client like Thunderbird to check his email, he can have more than one account with folders showing on the client. Then you could have the auto-forward going to ceotarpit@yourdomain.com and simply check it as a separate account.

3) You could create an alias under your CEO's main email account, called ceotarpit@yourdomain.com. Then you could forward the messages to that alias, and set up a filter to capture mail with that alias in the to: header and move it to a tarpit folder. This would work using a single account, and should also work in the AJAX client.

Buena suerte!

Dan