Thread: Hard- and soft-quatas per mbox

Default Hard- and soft-quatas per mbox

Hello,

is it as Admin possible to define Hard(deny)- and in addition also Soft-Quotas(warining) per user-MBox?

Thank's a lot for your feedback!

Martin

phoenix is offline Zimbra Consultant & Moderator

In the upcoming Zimbra version 5 you'll be able to send a notification to any users that's close to quota. There's currently a user written script to do that in the wiki, search for it if you want to try it.
    Regards

Bill

Acompli: A new adventure for Co-Founder KevinH.

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    I use this one 'cause it's the simplest and it works great. It's a simple matter to change your warning levels in this script to whatever you want them to be. Be careful that you don't have higher "this is your final warning" levels in the script than what you set in your Zimbra quotas, however.

The only "gotcha" I have found is that you have to run the script as the Zimbra user, but if you load it into your Zimbra crontab the crontab entry has to be re-created every time you upgrade b/c the install overwrites your crontab. I got around this by writing a bash script to call the quota script using sudo -u zimbra. Then I loaded that second (bash) script into root's crontab. That way it persists over upgrades.

Dan