Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zimlets all not working?

Ok =D Definitely will not do that.

I can see them in the admin console, they appear to be running, nothing appears out of the ordinary. It's just when myself and my other users use the ajax client none of the highlighting occurs. Dates are straight text, email address aren't links, url's aren't links. Everything is just plain text, no hover overs or links.

From the admin perspective, everything looks fine. From the user perspective, none of the zimlets are doing anything. =/
    The most addictive drug in the world is music.
    - The Lost Boyz

Quote Originally Posted by jadestorm View Post
    Ok =D Definitely will not do that.

I can see them in the admin console, they appear to be running, nothing appears out of the ordinary. It's just when myself and my other users use the ajax client none of the highlighting occurs. Dates are straight text, email address aren't links, url's aren't links. Everything is just plain text, no hover overs or links.

From the admin perspective, everything looks fine. From the user perspective, none of the zimlets are doing anything. =/
    Try typing in the following code in Firebug:
    (For Pre-5) window._zimbraMail._appCtxt.getZimletMgr().getZiml ets();
    (for Post5) window.appCtxt.getZimletMgr().getZimlets();

Howdy! That responds with:
    [ZmZimletContext - com_zimbra_date _appCtxt=ZmAppCtxt json=Object id=0 icon=ZimbraIcon, ZmZimletContext - com_zimbra_email _appCtxt=ZmAppCtxt json=Object id=1 icon=ZimbraIcon, ZmZimletContext - com_zimbra_phone _appCtxt=ZmAppCtxt json=Object id=2 icon=ZimbraIcon, ZmZimletContext - com_zimbra_search _appCtxt=ZmAppCtxt json=Object id=3 icon=ZimbraIcon, ZmZimletContext - com_zimbra_url _appCtxt=ZmAppCtxt json=Object id=4 icon=ZimbraIcon]

If I'm reading that right, it -looks- like things should be working. Lets see, lemme dump some of my own stats here in case anything catches your eyes. My wife is running Firefox 2.0.0.6 with no extensions. I am running 2.0.0.8 with the following extensions:

ChromaTabs 2.0 - disabled
    DOM Inspector 1.8.1.8
    Extended Statusbar 1.2.6
    Firebug 1.05
    PDF Download 0.9.3.1
    Splash 1.2.2
    STOP! Hammertime! 2.0 - disabled ... stop laughing =p
    Talkback 2.0.0.8
    Web Developer 1.1.4

Both my wife and I's OS is Mac OS X 10.4.10.

My server is running CentOS 4.5, which is not a directly supported OS, but it's just RedHat Enterprise Linux 4 update 5, for free, with with a different name.

I'm running Zimbra on a non-standard port ... 6390 and 6391 for http and https. I have another web server running on 80 and 443 that redirects requests if my user base goes to the wrong port for our webmail hostnames, and handles other requests of course.

That's about all I can think of to brain dump. =/
    - The Lost Boyz

A while ago, I had an issue on my mac with Firefox where Zimlets wern't loading correctly. It was FF, and I couldn't seem to fix it (even if I removed and reinstalled).

Eventually, I had to wipe my machine for another reason, and they cam back. Try Camino to see if they work there.

Now that's very interesting. Yes indeed Camino has no problem what-so-ever.
    Just to make sure I also tested SeaMonkey, same results, worked like a charm.

So you had to wipe and reinstall at one point and all of a sudden FireFox was working like a charm? Would you mind confirming that I'm reading you right? If that's the case I'm going to "try a few things" and see if I have any luck.

Now what still baffles me is... why only my install. The install at work, also running the 4.5 series, has never shown me a problem.
    - The Lost Boyz

Yep, I had to wipe my install. I think FF has some issues on a mac. I love it, but I always have trouble with it. Eventually it got so bad that css wouldn't load, and DNS errors, blah, blah. It left me thinking it was my computer, but it was FF.

Obviously, I would never wipe my entire install just to fix the Firefox issue. You've got Safari/Camino/Netscape, etc

May want to check out the mozilla forums.
    Also, I found that if I kept my computer on all the time (which I did), it would get wore requiring a reboot.

Ah, but now I have leopard and am a happy camper!

Smile

=D Congratulations! How is it? I've had some bad Mac OS X update experiences in the past (minor versions) so I'm waiting a tad to make sure people aren't running into a lot of problems. ;D

BTW, I did a "clear all private data" in FireFox, including wiping cookies, and it looks like that cleared up the problem! Weird! I'm quite pleased now though! Thanks for working with me on it!

Also, I agree, FireFox is both glorious and can be such a pest. I keep waffling between it and Safari. Zimbra is actually one of the things that waffled me back to FireFox. I like the ajax client and lord knows it doesn't like Safari. If I'm reading it right it sounds like it's something Safari is doing though. Doesn't really surprise me. Kinda like Opera goes total nuts with it. (not that I really like Opera to begin with) I generally run into nasty memory leaks with FireFox which drive me away from it. Whee! =)
    - The Lost Boyz