Thread: Daylight Savings problem again

Default Daylight Savings problem again

Hello, this is the week at the end of the year that is effected by the DST change. Along with the 3 weeks that happened in March, we are now setting our cocks back one our a week later (Nov 4th). We noticed today, that there are some (not all) events on our calendars that are an hour off. For example, I have a repeating appointment every Monday at 2:15 - 2:45. It shows up correct today, but shows as 1:15 - 1:45 starting on 11/5.

Perhaps these will display correctly after the DST time change on 11/4. It's hard to say and test, but this is really bad. Anyone else seeing this? Any suggestions on fixing this? We are currently at 4.5.7.

we changed the clocks back one hour last sunday Oct 28 - and now the repeating events are 1 hour off :-(

So....you are seeing the same problem? Even after setting your clocks back prematurely? Did you set the clock back on the sever AND the client machine?

-Jeff

Our country changed the clocks last sunday (Oct 28), so it wasn't prematurely.

Server and client machine updated automatically to the correct time (-1).

Zimbra currently shows all future repeating events one hour off.
    Todays 9.00 PM event shows as 8.00PM

I just noticed the same issue on one of my recurring events. This particular event was imported into Zimbra, so I'm not sure if this had anything to do with the problem. I do have another recurring event that seems to be working fine. Have either of you filed a bug on this one? It certainly calls for one in my opinion.

Thanks for the post soxfan. I have noticed the same thing, only 'some' reoccurring events have this problem. Not all of them. I have a support ticket open with Zimbra, but not a bug. Support advised running the zmfixtz command. I have not been able to run this yet, but the URL is below if you are able to try it.

Thanks for the confirmation.

Time Zone Changes for 2007 and ZCS - Zimbra :: Wiki

We ran the zimfix utility, it did not help. We have the same problem on SOME events. When we migrated from Outlook to Zimbra, we imported our calendar events. Maybe some of these events that are off are old imports from Outlook? Can anyone confirm?

Mine are imported too - I don't have any recurring events that aren't imported tho.

None of my users have complained about this problem; I just happened to notice it on one of my recurring events. So I'm a bit hesitant to try anything; sticking with the "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it" rule. The one event that I had problems with was imported into Zimbra, but I find it hard to believe that none of my other users had events that we imported in. The other "X" factor here is that I've been on Zimbra much longer than my other users. Most of my users were migrated over to Zimbra after the DST change earlier this year. I'm wondering if it is more of a timing issue on when the event was created, as opposed to having something to do with the event being imported.

Was anyone able to find a solution to this problem? I am also experiencing this same issue with imported events. I used the official REST-based solution for importing the events:
    Calendar and Contacts Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki

Reoccuring appointments at 8:00 now change to 9:00 on March 14th, 2011 (because of the DST change). These events should continue to remain at 8:00 - why is Zimbra changing them?

Thanks!