We use zimbra 5 rc1 on sles10 sp1. This mail server using zimbra has been working in the past but today, at 4:30am, seems to have stopped receiving email. We can send but can not receive. I do not see any errors in /var/log/mail but looking in /opt/zimbra/log/mailbox.log i see this:
2007-10-31 12:13:46,425 INFO [ImapServer-2] [] ProtocolHandler - Exception occurred while handling connection
java.net.SocketException: Socket closed
at java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(SocketInputStream. java:129)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.readFully (InputRecord.java:293)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.InputRecord.read(Inpu tRecord.java:331)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRec ord(SSLSocketImpl.java:789)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readDat aRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:746)
at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.AppInputStream.read(A ppInputStream.java:75)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.fill(BufferedInputStre am.java:218)
at java.io.BufferedInputStream.read(BufferedInputStre am.java:237)
at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.TcpServerInputStream.readL ine(TcpServerInputStream.java:71)
at com.zimbra.cs.imap.TcpImapRequest.continuation(Tcp ImapRequest.java:73)
at com.zimbra.cs.imap.TcpImapHandler.processCommand(T cpImapHandler.java:103)
at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.processCon nection(ProtocolHandler.java:210)
at com.zimbra.cs.tcpserver.ProtocolHandler.run(Protoc olHandler.java:177)
at EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Wo rker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Although this seems to be an imap error, this message first appeared this morning at 4:43am (the time we stopped receiving email). We have mynetworks set in the zimbra admin and as i said, this email server has been working fine until this morning. We can login to the WebUI and the AdminUI. When in the adminUI, i check the mail queue and nothing is seen in there. When i check the server in the adminUI and then services, i notice the mailbox option is greyed-out. I then ran zmcontrol status which shows everything running. Then i run zmmailboxdctl stop and then start, all seems fine, still can not receive email. Called our isp to make sure then were not suddenly blocking port 25 or any ports and they are not. Restart the server and our firewall, still can not receive email.
I know zimbra 5 rc1 does not use tomcat it uses jetty. So can someone help with this?