Thread: BAD HEADER Duplicate header field: "Message-ID"

Hybrid View

Default BAD HEADER Duplicate header field: "Message-ID"

Hi,

Our Zimbra 4.5.6 setup has been working fine since Jul, but one user has been complaining of many emails being bounced.

After finally looking around I can see that there are several emails in /opt/zimbra/amavisd/quarantine.

They all share the same failure issue, ie:

Delivered-To: bad-header-quarantine
    X-Amavis-Alert: BAD HEADER Duplicate header field: "Message-ID"

And all the emails have been sent from Microsoft Office 12.0.

Is this a bug with Zimbra or with Outlook? Is there a workaround that I can apply? I presume I could edit the /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf file and uncomment this line:

# $final_bad_header_destiny = D_PASS;

Thanks in advance.

Mezza

Default Any ideas? At a loss

So, I notice from this gem on the amavisd mailing list: mailing.unix.amavis-user | Google Groups that there definitely is an issue.

Given that the version of amavisd included with Zimbra 4.5.6 is NOT 2.4.4 or newer, I thought I'd just change the $final_bad_header_destiny=D_PASS; setting in /opt/zimbra/conf/amavisd.conf.

Did so, and bounced the server and mails are still being quarantined. What am I missing?

TIA.

mezza,

I'm having the same issue. Did you ever find a solution?

Hi,

I forget where the link is (it's somewhere on this forum) but apparently the version of Amavisd-new in Zimbra has a minor bug. It WILL CONTINUE to place copies of the emails in the quarantined location, although the final bad header destiny is configured to allow the email to pass.

All I did was left things as they were and for safety's sake increase the time for which quarantined emails are left in the cron job:

- [ ] crontab -l > updated_crontab
    - [ ] pico updated_crontab # And edit it to keep messages for 28 days
    - [ ] crontab updated_crontab

HTH. It's a bit annoying really that the directives in the conf file aren't strictly followed.

Mezza,

That explains why the messages appeared to be passing through, but were still being sent into quarantine.

Thanks for the help!

Chris
    Last edited by cswihart; 12-06-2007 at 07:05 AM.