Thread: Integration of Zimbra and IM client?

dje007 Guest

Default Integration of Zimbra and IM client?

how to integrate Openfire into Zimbra openldap?

I wish to have all the jabber users profiles fulled from openldap on the zimbra host.

This is relatively easy, but you won't have groups in Openfire. Just use default LDAP install options in Openfire. Let me know if you need more details.

dje007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by zen View Post
    This is relatively easy, but you won't have groups in Openfire. Just use default LDAP install options in Openfire. Let me know if you need more details.
    That's fine, more info would be great thank you

Step by step fresh Openfire install. Assuming you ldap sever is ldap.domain.com and your domain is domain.com
    1. Choose language (English)
    2. - Domain: it's up to you, we are using our main domain, so: domain.com
    - Ports: leave default, unless you are sure what you're doing
    3. - Database settings: it's up to you, but to make this how to simple, use "Embedded Database". If you are planning large deployment, I would suggest setting dedicated DB on another host
    4. - Profile settings: it's most important. Choose Directory server
    5. - Directory server type: OpenLDAP
    - Host: your ldap server, in our case it will be ldap.domain.com
    - Base DN: dc=domain,dc=com
    - Authentication - don't put anything
    - Click on test settings - that should tell you "Status: Success"
    6. You can leave default values in user mapping, except for UserFilter. Put "(objectClass=organizationalPerson)" (with brackets, without quotes). This will filter your users only to real persons. Test settings (click button) You should see some of your users (most probably first fetched user will be mail admin. Then you can check other users using "Next Random Profiles")
    7. - Leave default values. Groups won't work without posix extension installed
    8. - Add administrator - this must be somebody from your Zimbra system. You can add as many admins as you want
    You're done !!!

Default How does Posix work with groups

The above post mentions that you can use groups if posix is installed. I followed the tutorial, how to install posix and now wondering, how to create groups that can be seen within IM server.

Thanks in advance
    RP

I've followed the steps above, but there are problems when I test a message: "ERROR connecting to LDAP directory server Ensure that the server is running at the specified host name and port and that a firewall is not blocking access to the server". next, what I do
    thanks