Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ZCS 5.0 RC2 Calendar Search doesn't do listview

Unhappy ZCS 5.0 RC2 Calendar Search doesn't do listview

I just tested out the hosted demo for 5.0 RC2, as I'm eagerly awaiting searchable calendars. However, the search only works within the current view (month), which makes the calendar search nearly worthless.

Access Denied is marked as fixed, and Bug 19338 - calendar list view doesn't mention calendar list view for searches.

Any ideas if this is coming, or does it need a new bug filed?

...Just have to say that I'm going to catch some heat for promising users that calendar search would be in 5.0, when it effectively isn't there (without a list view) :-(

Unhappy Zimbra 5 NE - calendar search appears broken (unfunctional)

Just upgraded to Zimbra 5 Network Edition and tested calendar search. Does not appear to be working at all, which is a major bummer

Has anyone seen calendar search working?

I just tested on the new hosted demo. Seems to be working there. That isn't to say it's working for you, but it works for me.

Any errors in the log? The way the search works, is it searches the current month. Change to the month view, and search by month.

If you don't like that method, please file a bug for a list search or somethin.

Quote Originally Posted by jholder View Post
    I just tested on the new hosted demo. Seems to be working there. That isn't to say it's working for you, but it works for me.

Any errors in the log? The way the search works, is it searches the current month. Change to the month view, and search by month.

Thanks for the help J. Here's what I did:
    1. Navigate to Calendar view. Click Month display.
    2. Enter a search keyword for a known appointment.
    3. Click search.
    4. All appointments in the calendar then disappear - no entries are shown.

No errors in the /var/log/zimbra.log.

Any ideas?

Hi John,

Bug #6419, comment #22 specifically mentions needing to show calendar search results as listview, but it is marked resolved/fixed, and there is no listview. Also, bug #19338 is specifically requesting a calendar list view, though for general purpose, not specifically for search results. Also, several comments in bug #19338 allude to search results listview.

I'm sure you guys had your reasons (needed to get the release out, etc), but calendar search as it is now is just about useless. It absolutely needs a listview for search results, and to be able to search all calendar entries.

I'm still not clear that #19338 won't cover this, but based on your comment above, I'm guessing not, so I opened bug Bug 23356 - Calendar search results need to be listview to specifically request a listview for calendar search results. Please add your votes!

Thanks,
    John
    Last edited by jdell; 01-01-2008 at 09:54 PM. Reason: add link

Bug Bug 19338 - calendar list view will cover list view searches.

We just don't have anywhere to display the search results right now. That's why the bug is there.

Bug Bug 19338 - calendar list view will cover list view searches.

We just don't have anywhere to display the search results right now. That's why the bug is there.
    Okee doke. Thanks for the quick response! Probably too much to ask, but is #19338 look like zcs 5.0 or > 5.0 material?

Thanks,
    John

Tough call. Right now it's targeted for "Guns and Roses", ie post 5.0.

We all know how long 4.5 lasted, so it's possible it could be integrated into 5.0. Quite honestly, the best way to force a feature into a release is to become a paying customer and request it though support.

All of those cool features like IM and j2me? Yep. Paying Customers wanted them. They pay the bills, so we do what they want first. Then we do it by votes.

Otherwise, vote away!

Tough call. Right now it's targeted for "Guns and Roses", ie post 5.0.

We all know how long 4.5 lasted, so it's possible it could be integrated into 5.0. Quite honestly, the best way to force a feature into a release is to become a paying customer and request it though support.

All of those cool features like IM and j2me? Yep. Paying Customers wanted them. They pay the bills, so we do what they want first. Then we do it by votes.

Otherwise, vote away!
    Not sure if you are speaking in general terms, or didn't read my signature. I am a paying customer, and I've also signed up two other paying customers that I administer their servers (with a 4th paying customer in the works). So, I like to think I've done my share to help promote Zimbra, not to mention code contributions and forum participation.

I've mentioned this specific feature request everytime Vy (my sales rep) calls me so there *ought to be* notes about it somewhere. If I'm doing something wrong, or not getting my message through, please let me know what the secret handshake is.

I also try to get people to vote for the feature request so your triage team realizes that a feature request is really desireable by more than just one customer.

Thanks for your time and your prompt replies!

Regards,
    John
    Last edited by jholder; 01-01-2008 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Removed last name.

The best way for a customer to get a feature tied to their account is to send an e-mail to support@zimbra.com and request the feature.

We rank them internally by # of support cases tied to a feature. Since the only way to get a support case number is to contact support, then that would be the way to go.

I was speaking in general terms, not singling you out. Enhancement requests should go though support for Network edition customers.