Thread: Standar Client Error

Default Standar Client Error

Hi

Back again with an issue on the standard client. I have an account wich receives PDF´s sent by a Fax server. There´s someone responsable for checking these mails and forward them to right person. What happens is that, when using the standard client, as soon as we click the forward button and the compose window appears, there´s an error at the top stating "A client error occurred. Please try again."

I´ve done some research on the forum and found someone with a problem that resembled mine, but it was related to an error in Zh_Msg.properties (spanish version) wich had a mistranslated entry for "attachmentCount". It´s not the case here.

From the Zh_Msg.properties
    "ztaglib.TAG_EXCEPTION = A client error occurred. Please try again."

But i couldn´t not any relevant logs about...

Any tips?

Thanks in advance

Ok, got some more info. This was taken from source-code for the compose window after the forward button was clicked. Note the "57 more..." at the end

<!-- com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.ZTagLibException
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.ZTagLibException.TAG_EXC EPTION(ZTagLibException.java:50)
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.ZExceptionBean.&lt;init& gt;(ZExceptionBean.java:39)
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.tag.GetExceptionTag.doTag(Get ExceptionTag.java:34)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag.doTag (org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag:99)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.compose._jspService(org.apache.js p.h.compose:133)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:97)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:264)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.inv oke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.pro cessRequest(ApplicationDispatcher.java:463)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doF orward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:398)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.for ward(ApplicationDispatcher.java:301)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doForwar d(PageContextImpl.java:703)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.forward( PageContextImpl.java:670)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspContextWrapper.forwar d(JspContextWrapper.java:277)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_tag._j spx_meth_c_if_3(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.com poseCheck_tag:496)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_tag.ac cess$15(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeChec k_tag:484)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_tag$co mposeCheck_tagHelper.invoke0(org.apache.jsp.tag.we b.compose.composeCheck_tag:691)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_tag$co mposeCheck_tagHelper.invoke(org.apache.jsp.tag.web .compose.composeCheck_tag:798)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag._jspx _meth_c_catch_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handl eError_tag:146)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag.doTag (org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag:83)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_tag.do Tag(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.compose.composeCheck_ta g:82)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspx_meth_app_composeChec k_0(org.apache.jsp.h.search:199)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.search.access$0(org.apache.jsp.h. search:191)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.search$searchHelper.invoke0(org.a pache.jsp.h.search:830)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.search$searchHelper.invoke(org.ap ache.jsp.h.search:879)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag._jspx _meth_c_catch_0(org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handl eError_tag:146)
    at org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag.doTag (org.apache.jsp.tag.web.infra.handleError_tag:83)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.search._jspService(org.apache.jsp .h.search:138)
    at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(Http JspBase.java:97)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.servic e(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFil e(JspServlet.java:314)
    at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspSe rvlet.java:264)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.do Filter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
    at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.CharEncodingFilter.do Filter(CharEncodingFilter.java:35)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at com.zimbra.webClient.filters.SetHeaderFilter.doFil ter(SetHeaderFilter.java:312)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.in ternalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invo ke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invo ke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke( StandardHostValve.java:126)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke (ErrorReportValve.java:105)
    at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invok e(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
    at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(A ccessLogValve.java:541)
    at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.servic e(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(H ttp11Processor.java:869)
    at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11 ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProt ocol.java:667)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.process Socket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThr ead.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)
    at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlR unnable.run(ThreadPool.java:684)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.ZMessageComposeBean.forw ardInclude(ZMessageComposeBean.java:281)
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.bean.ZMessageComposeBean.&lt; init&gt;(ZMessageComposeBean.java:240)
    at com.zimbra.cs.taglib.tag.MessageComposeTag.doTag(M essageComposeTag.java:67)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.compose$composeHelper.invoke1(org .apache.jsp.h.compose:1361)
    at org.apache.jsp.h.compose$composeHelper.invoke(org. apache.jsp.h.compose:1503)
    ... 57 more

Latest news

You all know that when i click forward that client error appears and the attachment is gone. Ok, i decided to click on "Add attachments", ok...well i don´t want to attach anything really, so i clicked the cancel button and...guess what, 3 chances:

When i was sent back to compose windows the PDF attachment was there and the error had gone away. Now that´s completelly weird. Before it was just a little weird.

This happens not only with the "Add attachment". Anything i do, like click sent without any recipient for instance fixes the situation. It seems that anything that refreshs the screen does the job. Hitting F5 doesn´t work.

Also, i tried with some other PDF´s. I grabbed one file i had on my machine and sent to that accout we´re talking about. I then clicked forward, no error. Fine, we have problems with the PDF´s. Ok but even so, why does the error goes away and averthing is fine after leaving the compose and getting back into it as described earlier.

Still in need of directions
    Last edited by fviero; 11-29-2007 at 05:51 AM.