I see in the 5.0 RC2 announcement:
"It is not possible to upgrade a current Network Edition install to RC2."
How then do we test an upgrade?
In our case we want to migrate our 32-bit SuSE ES9 servers to 64-bit SuSE ES10.
Our testing plan was to:
- zmcontrol stop on 32-bit ES9 production server
- rsync /opt/zimbra to USB drive.
- Connect USB drive to new hardware and do the standard restore as per the wiki (same 4.5 Zimbra version).
- Upgrade testing server from 32-bit SuSE ES9 to 64-bit ES10.
- Upgrade Zimbra from 32-bit ES9 to 64-bit ES10. (Doing the LDAP export/re-import as others have reported.)
But, with the restriction on RC2, we can't test the last step.
When will be able to do that?