Thread: [SOLVED] Log rotation

Default [SOLVED] Log rotation

I have a pretty large zmmtaconfig.log file:
    Code:
    -rw-rw-r-- 1 zimbra zimbra 2.8G Dec  7 09:44 zmmtaconfig.log
    Just wondering if this is one of those files I can easily purge or compress without having to restart services. Just not sure if toasting an open file handle or a currently written to file is such a good idea ... or if there are any stats collected from this file where it needs it all for trending.

Even if your not 4.5.6 it can still get big over time-there's a bug link at the bottom that has this all fixed for v5: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...-log-file.html

Quote Originally Posted by mmorse View Post
    Even if your not 4.5.6 it can still get big over time-there's a bug link at the bottom that has this all fixed for v5: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...-log-file.html
    Gah thanks mmorse ... I even searched for zmmta and didn't see this post, or I need new eyes!!

BTW http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...r-profile.html (especially with 5.0 so close)

Other info if your not on 4.5.10
    There was a slight change/problem with logger in 4.5.5, and there was a patch, which was mostly rolled into 4.5.6 but unfortunately the debug mode got left on in a couple of the scripts so those files continued to be large.
    4.5.7 lowered the logging level back to the normal level & with that release /tmp/zmlogger.out /tmp/logswatch.out moved from /tmp to /opt/zimbra/log
    At the same time, logswatch.out became zmlogswatch.out and I believe stuff either rotated or combined into other logs.
    One step further, this should be in the next 5.0 build: Bug 10398 - clean up logging for swatch, zmmtaconfig
    Oh, and also on 4.5.6 the clamav build that was included turned out to be bad: [SOLVED] Clamd.pid - no such file