Thread: Printing Attachments

Hybrid View

Default Printing Attachments

Is there a mechanism for printing attachments without having to go through and open each one? Like a bulk select and then print the attachments?

I have my faxes automatically converted and sent to email, but the faxes are bulky to go through, open each one, open the attachment, and then print...one-by-one.

Then, if I have to find one, I have to go through the whole process again (of course without printing it) until I find the right one.

Best case, I would like to auto-save the attachments to a file folder somewhere, so I can go out there and bulk print them later...

V5 will support downloading all attachments as a single zip:
    Bug 15329 - download all attachment files to a zip archive
    Unzip the file, select all, print.

Default Autosave or print attachments from MULTIPLE email messages

This is not really what he is asking for - I am at the same place and here is the situation:currently using 5.0.2

We have a phone system that handles incoming faxes by turning them into .pdf and emailing them to different email accounts on Zimbra based on fax number dialed.

In a given account there may be hundreds or thousands of these emails that EACH have a .pdf attachment.

We are looking for a way to automatically detach the attachments from MULTIPLE messages at the same time or automatically detach the messages as they come in - IDEALLY to be able to autosave to a .pdf repository share like a Win2K3 server file share but at the very least to auto-print these .pdf attachments which are actually faxes.

Hopefully, this is more explanatory as to the problem. Please help with this if you know of something that may work or if I need to just add the request for the feature and hope it is added someday. This attachment issue is unfortunately killing us while everything else so far about Zimbra is amazing.
    Lots of businesses are using a fax to email solution such as ours and this would be extraordinarily beneficial to all or most of these companies.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    This is not really what he is asking for - I am at the same place and here is the situation:currently using 5.0.2

We have a phone system that handles incoming faxes by turning them into .pdf and emailing them to different email accounts on Zimbra based on fax number dialed.

In a given account there may be hundreds or thousands of these emails that EACH have a .pdf attachment.

We are looking for a way to automatically detach the attachments from MULTIPLE messages at the same time or automatically detach the messages as they come in - IDEALLY to be able to autosave to a .pdf repository share like a Win2K3 server file share but at the very least to auto-print these .pdf attachments which are actually faxes.

Hopefully, this is more explanatory as to the problem. Please help with this if you know of something that may work or if I need to just add the request for the feature and hope it is added someday. This attachment issue is unfortunately killing us while everything else so far about Zimbra is amazing.
    Lots of businesses are using a fax to email solution such as ours and this would be extraordinarily beneficial to all or most of these companies.
    Michael,
    Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by 50asm View Post
    Michael,
    Did you ever find a solution for this?

Thank you!
    Wow - this is old.
    We did not find a way to do it. We worked around it in a cheap way. We setup a machine to run Outlook and had all those accounts we had faxes (.PDFs) going to setup to download to Outlook then used a cheap program from MAPILABS called "Attachments Processor for Outlook" strip the attachments off and send them to different folders where they are watermarked with timestamps, etc. Very un-elegant but it has served its purpose since then. Note that we only needed specific group email accounts that were setup specifically to receive fax emails from various fax numbers - I do not think this would be a solution for dealing with individual user emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Wow - this is old.
    We did not find a way to do it. We worked around it in a cheap way. We setup a machine to run Outlook and had all those accounts we had faxes (.PDFs) going to setup to download to Outlook then used a cheap program from MAPILABS called "Attachments Processor for Outlook" strip the attachments off and send them to different folders where they are watermarked with timestamps, etc. Very un-elegant but it has served its purpose since then. Note that we only needed specific group email accounts that were setup specifically to receive fax emails from various fax numbers - I do not think this would be a solution for dealing with individual user emails.
    Micheal,
    Thanks for your response. I wish that there was a way to print to pdf the email and the attachments at the same time. In outlook we had a pdf "add-in" that handled it no problem. I have searched for a zimlet but nothings there.

The issue here is we file all of our emails as a pdf (as well as scanned invoices, contracts etc..) in our project management software.

Thanks again for your response! Hopefully someone else out there has come up with a solution that works for us.