Thread: auto generated distro lists

Question auto generated distro lists

Currently we are manually updating our distribution lists. obvisously this doesn't scale very well.
    Can anyone share a solution that are useing in conjunction with/through zimbra to auto generate distro lists based on location, reporting etc?

Thanks for any ideas!

Nobody else has to deal with this? How are you larger companies handing this?

Quote Originally Posted by griffon View Post
    Currently we are manually updating our distribution lists. obvisously this doesn't scale very well.
    Can anyone share a solution that are useing in conjunction with/through zimbra to auto generate distro lists based on location, reporting etc?

Thanks for any ideas!
    Hi!

I wrote 'zmgroup', a python script to handle this. You can download it from Fichiers WHM (user 'invite' password 'invite').

There are still some improvements to do, like reading the LDAP password automatically from the zmlocalconfig, but otherwise it works just fine. Many people use it for reporting.

Test it, you can modify it and then launch it by cron and do group updates automatically. The documentation is in the code or with '--help'.

I leaving on a trip for 10 days, so I will not be very available in the next few days, but don't hesitate to drop me some e-mails if you have any question.

Carlos
    carlos at whitehatmail.fr

Quote Originally Posted by cvidal View Post
    Hi!

I wrote 'zmgroup', a python script to handle this. You can download it from Fichiers WHM (user 'invite' password 'invite').

There are still some improvements to do, like reading the LDAP password automatically from the zmlocalconfig, but otherwise it works just fine. Many people use it for reporting.

Test it, you can modify it and then launch it by cron and do group updates automatically. The documentation is in the code or with '--help'.

I leaving on a trip for 10 days, so I will not be very available in the next few days, but don't hesitate to drop me some e-mails if you have any question.

Carlos
    carlos at whitehatmail.fr
    Cool, we will check that out thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cvidal View Post
    Hi!

Hi cvidal, I can't find the file in your link. Could you please give me a new link?