Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email not showing, Preview pane on the loose

Hybrid View

Default Email not showing, Preview pane on the loose

Hello,

Just installed locally Zimbra OpenSource on FC3, and successfully (very handy install script and command line features).

I searched and searched the forum about a nagging problem with the preview pane. Can't seem to view any email (Firefox 1.5). Furthermore, the preview pane shows as a thin bar next to the Zimbra logo.

I know, by reading the forum, that some of us had the problem, but it seems odd to me that I can view email content and activate the preview pane on the hosted demo, but not locally.

I tried to clear the cache, but to no avail: the preview pane falls in its rightful place, but blank emails nonetheless .

Any advice or pointers about that?

Thanks

Me too.

I'm using i386 FC4 (up to date as of 2006/01/21), and initially installed binary 3.0M3_436 and then upgraded to 3.0M4_41. The install and upgrade went without incident. In addition to the 'thin bar' problem (Firefox), my 'reading pane' is always blank, regardless of 'conversation' or 'message' grouping and browser.

I've tested this on:
    WinXP: IE6, Firefox 1.5
    Mac OS 10.4.4: Firefox 1.5.0.1, Safari 2.0.3 (417.8)
    Linux: Firefox 1.5

and every one of them is the same. This so such an obvious probelm, I must be missing something in the configurations. So, for the users, I restored the defaults, but the problem persists.

There is a bug I've seen(and fixed) with some installs if the domian has a - or the domain is not a normal internet type domain foo rather than foo.com, etc. This bug will be fixed in the next release.
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

My hostname was set as: localhost.localdomain and my only /etc/hosts entry was:
    127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost

I was surprised that the installer complained that I had other names in my /etc/hosts file, so I stripped everything out but loopback.

Is there something relatively simple that can be done to an existing install to correct this? Or is it better to setup the CVS developer builds?

Changing the host name would do it but it's not trivial to change the host name. Just to confirm the error in your javascript console referred to 'lowestHandler' right?
    Looking for new beta users -> Co-Founder of Acompli. Previously worked at Zimbra (and Yahoo! & VMware) since 2005.

Re: lowestHandler

You are correct, sir. Specifically:

Code:
    Error: lowestHandler is not defined
    Source File: https://.../zimbra/js/ZimbraMail_all.js.zgz?v=060117091848
    Line: 58

In GA 156 FC4, mail display is still having trouble. Sometimes, it will display properly in the preview pane or in the full conversation view window. However every few views, the entire message is displayed in a 1.2 character wide column at the left of the pane/window. It may remain like this for several view attempts, and may be corrected by selecting other mail in the same folder or other folder. No javascript errors appear in the console. It seems like it thinks the width of the window is only slightly larger than 1 character wide.

This happens on linux firefox 1.0.7, mozilla 1.7.12, however on firefox 1.5 on Mac OS X, things are fine. I did not have time to check windows IE, firefox or mozilla.

Default Message display problem...

I am also experiencing this issue where the message appears in this 2 character or so line down the left side of the pane. I have tested on Firefox 1.0.7 and 1.5 on FC4 running the 3 GA release. I never experienced this with the beta versions. I find if I log out and log back in the problem temporarily disappears.

Any ideas?
    ~Petr
    Last edited by nemo; 02-09-2006 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added OS and version info

Default same problem

Hi all.
    I have Version 3.0.0_GA_156.RHEL4 Feb 6, 2006 over centos 4.2. I have same problem, exist some update to apply in my production server to fix this problem? or the fix is only change the version of web browser (client side)?

Thanks,