Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: A few questions...

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    7

    Default A few questions...

    Right, I've managed to get Zimbra setup and working, but I have a few questions; they are:

    1)You say 2GB RAM is the recommended amount, well I have 2GB but Zimbra seems to eat about 82% of it away but settles down to normally 75%; this large amount of RAM eating won't cause my server to crash will it?

    2) In a user's mailbox, why is the sender name field labelled 'step 3.'? This is incredibly odd in my mind, and would like to change it to say 'Sender' or something more applicable.

    3) I need to migrate over from Microsoft Exchange 2003; in the downloads area of the admin suite in my Open Source implementation the migration tools are listed - but there is no title or link for the Exchange one, only a description; is this because the Exchange migration tool isn't available for the Open Source edition?

    4) How do I work out the spam control percentage? I'm used to setting it as a score based on '5' - what is the base number for Zimbra so that I can set the correct percentage on my half.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    6,242
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bluque View Post
    1)You say 2GB RAM is the recommended amount, well I have 2GB but Zimbra seems to eat about 82% of it away but settles down to normally 75%; this large amount of RAM eating won't cause my server to crash will it?
    No it won't crash, you can always adjust heap sizes etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluque View Post
    2) In a user's mailbox, why is the sender name field labelled 'step 3.'? This is incredibly odd in my mind, and would like to change it to say 'Sender' or something more applicable.
    You can easily change your language to correct that, or edit the language descriptor files - three of them had a simple mistake:
    Bug 23367 - Incorrect naming of the 'From' field in mail view
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...umn-5-0ga.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bluque View Post
    3) I need to migrate over from Microsoft Exchange 2003; in the downloads area of the admin suite in my Open Source implementation the migration tools are listed - but there is no title or link for the Exchange one, only a description; is this because the Exchange migration tool isn't available for the Open Source edition?
    Go to http:// yourserver.domain.com/downloads/index.html
    Quote Originally Posted by bluque View Post
    4) How do I work out the spam control percentage? I'm used to setting it as a score based on '5' - what is the base number for Zimbra so that I can set the correct percentage on my half.
    100% = 20 points
    75% = 15 points
    33% = 6.6 points
    Be sure to train some ham as well to get bayes to kick on: CLI zmtrainsa - Zimbra :: Wiki
    More stuff: Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki

Similar Threads

  1. Zimbra Mobile Newbie questions
    By dazi01 in forum Zimbra Mobile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2007, 12:29 PM
  2. Looking for a good email Server
    By drdre in forum Administrators
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 11:27 AM
  3. Zimbra Pre-Install Questions
    By dczanik in forum Installation
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 12:10 PM
  4. A few other questions
    By dcm in forum Installation
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 03:33 PM
  5. Commercial CA questions
    By cdyer in forum Administrators
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-17-2006, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •