Thread: A few questions...

Default A few questions...

Right, I've managed to get Zimbra setup and working, but I have a few questions; they are:

1)You say 2GB RAM is the recommended amount, well I have 2GB but Zimbra seems to eat about 82% of it away but settles down to normally 75%; this large amount of RAM eating won't cause my server to crash will it?

2) In a user's mailbox, why is the sender name field labelled 'step 3.'? This is incredibly odd in my mind, and would like to change it to say 'Sender' or something more applicable.

3) I need to migrate over from Microsoft Exchange 2003; in the downloads area of the admin suite in my Open Source implementation the migration tools are listed - but there is no title or link for the Exchange one, only a description; is this because the Exchange migration tool isn't available for the Open Source edition?

4) How do I work out the spam control percentage? I'm used to setting it as a score based on '5' - what is the base number for Zimbra so that I can set the correct percentage on my half.

Quote Originally Posted by bluque View Post
    1)You say 2GB RAM is the recommended amount, well I have 2GB but Zimbra seems to eat about 82% of it away but settles down to normally 75%; this large amount of RAM eating won't cause my server to crash will it?
    No it won't crash, you can always adjust heap sizes etc.
    2) In a user's mailbox, why is the sender name field labelled 'step 3.'? This is incredibly odd in my mind, and would like to change it to say 'Sender' or something more applicable.
    You can easily change your language to correct that, or edit the language descriptor files - three of them had a simple mistake:
    Bug 23367 - Incorrect naming of the 'From' field in mail view
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...umn-5-0ga.html
    3) I need to migrate over from Microsoft Exchange 2003; in the downloads area of the admin suite in my Open Source implementation the migration tools are listed - but there is no title or link for the Exchange one, only a description; is this because the Exchange migration tool isn't available for the Open Source edition?
    Go to http:// yourserver.domain.com/downloads/index.html
    4) How do I work out the spam control percentage? I'm used to setting it as a score based on '5' - what is the base number for Zimbra so that I can set the correct percentage on my half.
    100% = 20 points
    75% = 15 points
    33% = 6.6 points
    Be sure to train some ham as well to get bayes to kick on: CLI zmtrainsa - Zimbra :: Wiki
    More stuff: Improving Anti-spam system - Zimbra :: Wiki