Thread: A few questions about the ZCS 5.0 Open Source edition

Default A few questions about the ZCS 5.0 Open Source edition

Just wanted to say that I've been using ZCS for a long while now and each upgrade has gone well... including my upgrade from 4.5.10 to 5.0. Great product, great work!

Calendars
    I could have sworn read in the PR prior to the release of 5.0 that there was going to be a new feature where one could share calendars via http (in addition to ical). Did I imagine that or did that get pulled or am I overlooking it?

IM [beta]
    I don't see anywhere in the release notes or the documentation that for IM to work, it has to ALSO be enabled on the server side. I found a forum posting, although I don't have the URL handy or I'd paste it in here, that documented what needed to be done to enable IM on the server side. After that, it seems to work. I realize it is beta... but here are a few questions:

1) It is based on Jabber right? How does one do a more than two person chat?

2) Can outside Jabber users contact Zimbra users?

HTML view of shared calendars works, but is poorly advertised. Simply edit the calendar share invite email to append .html to the share URL: http://zimbra.example.com/home/dowdle/Calendar.html

Related RFEs Bug 7393 - Make email invites more usefull for folks that aren't using the zimbra UI Bug 18386 - Publish user free-busy info on web page Bug 22308 - "Share Created" emails should offer all applicable REST URLs

IM: Yes to both, but you currently have to learn more about Jabber than you want to. I am probably going to wait until 5.5 to make IM visible to end users.