Thread: Duplicate Emails in Web Client

Hybrid View

Default Duplicate Emails in Web Client

I have a customer who claims to occassionally have all of their emails show up multiple times within the Zimbra Web Client. I.e.: when they open the Zimbra Web Client, all of the emails have multiple copies (2-3 copies per email). They claim it is sporatic; which are always the easiest problems to troubleshoot.

I have spend countless hours looking at logs, utilizing the zmmsgtrace command to see if they are simply receiving the email multiple times, etc. All with no idea, suggestions, or throughts.

I know they are using IE7. I have also viewed their email account multiple times using IE7, FF, Safari, etc. And I have never seen a single dupped email.

Has anyone else every heard of this? I found posts regarding duplicate emails from individuals using IMAP Clients; however, I have not found anything similar to dups within the Zimbra Web Client.

Thanks.

What an odd problem.

Can you get a screen shot? Also, it might be helpful to look at the mailbox.log.

You can grep it for the username and see what's happening.

Default Solved...somewhat.

The customer upgraded from IE to FireFox and the problem went away. They were using IE7; however, maybe they had an old version of Java installed - or something - who knows.

Regardless, when they installed FireFox and starting using FireFox the duplicate email problem went away. I just wanted to share the information.

-Marc

BTW, http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...html#post72856

If you're still on 4.5.6_GA_1044.RHEL4_20070706161941 NE from your profile version, you might at least want to consider updating to 4.5.10 as there's been tons of enhancements to ldap & tomcat since 4.5.6.
    -Don't forget to make a backup

we have the same problem using 4.5.10. It is worse since we upgraded. We'll be upgrading to 5.0.1 soon. I hope it goes away then.

Default The same problem

Hi! I'm the same problem, using Firefox, both sender and recipient using the zimbra's ajax web interface. For example, today I sent a message to other internal account and it duplicates my message. I saw in my sent items and was 2 equals messages. I looked for the Message-ID in the /var/log/zimbra.log and it appears just one time. I'm using zimbra version 5.0.5_GA_2201.RHEL5.FOSS in a production environment. Please help!