Thread: Merging of email accounts

Red face Merging of email accounts

Dear all,

I am kinda new with this system, please pardon me if my question sounds stupid. I really need some help here.

I was currently assign 2 tasks: -

1. Merging 2 or more email accounts into 1.
    e.g. there are currently 2 account, a@abc.com and b@abc.com. so I would need to merge them to become c@abc.com. Can this be done?

2. I need to transfer emails from an account to the second one, without informing the users. e.g. all the emails from a@abc.com to b@abc.com.

I thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Welcome to the forums,
    So I'm going to start wide so you have a general idea - by all means ask away - then ask again

1) Imapsync Migrating_from_an_existing_IMAP_server - User Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki (don't froget --syncinternal dates)
    Or connect to the three accounts in Thunderbird (if using an older version of thunderbird append /tb to the username to keep all the dates intact) and drag mail between the accounts.
    Start by forwarding new mail to c@abc.com, (forwarding tab in admin console > account) after c has all the mail in it (& you're sure you got everything cals etc) you would delete the a & b accounts, then you could also setup aliases to still receive mail at the a@abc.com & b@abc.com addresses > c@abc.com.
    Calendar stuff is here: Migrating_Contacts_and_Calendar - User Migration - Zimbra :: Wiki

2) Zimbra supports AUTH=PLAIN so using imapsync you should be able to authenticate as a target user using only an admin username/password and the target username without using passwords.

Some examples:
    imapsync --host1 source.server.com --user1 username --authuser1 adminusername --password1 adminpassword --ssl1 --port1 993 --host2 destination.server.com --user2 username --password2 password --authmech2 PLAIN --ssl2 --port2 993 --syncinternaldates --subscribe --nosyncacls
    or
    imapsync --syncinternaldates --subscribed --host1 sourceserver --host2 destinationserver --user1 userAcctSrc --authuser1 adminUserSrc --password1 adminPassDest --user2 useracctondest --authuser2 adminUserDest --password2 adminPassDest --ssl1 --port1 num --ssl2 --port2

You might set zimbraImapSSLServerEnabled to TRUE if not already - can do this from your servers section > IMAP tab (btw server overrides global settings).

AUTH=PLAIN requires TLS encoding, so an IMAPs or STARTTLS command on a normal IMAP connection.