Thread: zimbra full backup Error and generating report sents "no mesages" Error

Hybrid View

Default zimbra full backup Error and generating report sents "no mesages" Error

Hi,
    we are successfully running zcs-4.5.5 network edition. Last month i tried for autobackup with crontab. I was edit the file as follow's for target path fix.
    # BACKUP BEGIN
    0 1 * * 6 /opt/zimbra/bin/zmbackup -f -a all -zip -t /backup/zimbra-backup/ &
    0 1 * * 0-5 /opt/zimbra/bin/zmbackup -i -a all -zip -t /backup/zimbra-backup/
    0 0 * * * /opt/zimbra/bin/zmbackup -del 1m /backup/zimbra-backup/ &
    # BACKUP END

and Daily mail Report give's follow error
    Generating report
    From 2008-01-10 00:00:00 to 2008-01-11 00:00:00
    No messages found

and i got error message from cron daemon as follows
    Cron <zimbra@mail> /opt/zimbra/bin/zmbackup -i -a all -zip -t /backup/zimbra-backup/
    Error occurred: system failure: Redo log files out of sequence

And I have to upgrade zcs-4.5.5 network edition to zcs-4.5.10 network edition.how to upgrade zimbra zcs.
    please any one can solve my doubts ASAP ...

Thanks

Can you manually run a new full at all?
    su zimbra
    zmbackup -f -a all -s server.domain.com -t /backup/another-location
    & then upgrade to 4.5.10

CLI - zmbackup Network Edition Only - Zimbra :: Wiki

Alternatively you could do an stop then rsync, upgrade to 4.5.10, & once your comfortable http://www.zimbra.com/forums/announc...5-0-1-out.html

(BTW, with newer versions the backup target can be set in the admin console gui or via zmprov commands instead of editing crontab.)
    Last edited by mmorse; 01-11-2008 at 09:48 PM.

Default steps for upgrade to 4.5.5 to 4.5.10 network Edition

Hi ,
    we are succesfully running with ZCS-4.5.5 N/W Edition . But fast one month clamav not update properly and we are not get any generate messages , server statistics shows empty...
    your people suggested to solve this problem , better upgrade latest stable version of ZCS-4.5.10 ...

How to upgrade zimbra 4.5.5 N/W edition 4.5.10 N/W edition. Please explain any one can for give step by step explainaton's ASAP.....

Thank you

Step 1: READ through the 4.5.10 release notes: http://files.zimbra.com/docs/releasenotes/4.5.10.pdf

(assuming this is a single server install)

Step 2: Make a backup: CLI - zmbackup Network Edition Only - Zimbra :: Wiki
    zmbackup -f -a all -s server.domain.com
    If you want to be doubly sure - copy/rsync (don't delete) the contents of /opt/zimbra/backup to a safe place & you will now have 2 backups - or even better do a zmcontrol stop then copy the entire /opt/zimbra (assuming you don't have directories linked elsewhere that is).

Step 3: Download 4.5.10 here: http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads_previous.html

Step 3b: Make sure to have the 4.5.5 install handy incase you need to restore - If it's already downloaded & ready you'll save time in the event that something goes wrong.

Step 4: tar -xvf zcs-NETWORK-4.5.10_GA_1575.RHEL5_64.tgz

Step 5: Go into the created zcs folder and run ./install.sh

Step 6: After upgrade you should immediately make another backup - as schema changes invalidate the old ones.

More detailed info is in that release notes PDF