I mentioned in another post that I have inherited a Zimbra system. I'm struggling to quickly get up to speed on it. I have the full manual printed out, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of information on getting at the low level guts of some things.
So, I've come up with a few questions about things I can't yet find answers for.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- How can you make Zimbra dump the user info to a file or the console? I need to get a list of address, user, password out of it so I can keep this info in our admin database.
- Can/should you update the individual applications that make up Zimbra? For example, our ClamAV is quite old.
- Where is the LDAP info stored? Can I use it externally? That is, what config file has the LDAP domain and password in it, and can I use that to allow other systems to use the database (for example, our Xerox WorkCentres). Or, conversely, can you make Zimbra use an external LDAP server?
- Is rsyncing the /opt/zimbra tree really the preferred way to backup?
- Where can I find info on what regular Zimbra maintenance should consist of, and how to perform it?
- Where is there more info on how multiple, integrated Zimbra servers interact and how to administer this interaction?
I think that's it for now. Sorry for the deluge, but I'm sure most of us have had systems handed to them that they haven't used before and didn't setup themselves so hopefully you can empathize with my situation.
Thanks in advance.