Thread: Sort by last name

Default Sort by last name

Hi guys, i got a custumer wich prefer to have all names sorted by last name, but not by first name is there a way by the admin console or CLI or zimlet that does it, i'll appreciate any help

In the persons contact list have the "File As" field for their contacts changed to "Last, First" and it will sort by last name. However if you want GAL results to be "Last, First" I don't know how that can be done...

well yes this is part of the solution, thanks, but i mean in the whole zimbra, it is when you look for someone on GAL by the To or CC button, or when make search on GAL or on internal LDAP, i mean all the functionalities where you have names should be sorted like it, last name, and first name any idea?

Is there a CLI way of changing the way all of the Contacts in an Address Book are filed?

TIA,

Cody

Bumped this thread since I got a "request" to make the GAL sort by last name. Can someone from zimbra answer up and state difinitively if the GAL sort is configurable.

My LDAP is set to internal mode so I presume it's sorting on the cn attribute. Can it be made to sort on the sn attribute?

I also have systems the use LDAP both so the follow up question is, if this change is even possible, would it work in both mode as well.

The same question - can I have GAL sorted by last name? I mean in "CC" and "To" fields when I compose new emails, in "From" field when I send email outside zimbra server (now is displayed Firstname Lastname <address@domain.tld>).

Thanks