Thread: Zimbra Mobile Clients

Default Zimbra Mobile Clients

I'm interested in these two:
    # Java Enabled Devices - Popular devices, such as the Motorola RAZR, support Zimbra Mobile Edition; an elegant client experience with over-the-air (OTA) Zimbra Server sync
    # Smartphones - Native OTA synchronization and push email on Windows, Palm, and Symbian OS devices with Zimbra Mobile

I cannot seem to find them in my Network Edition Trial (v 5.01 GA).

Are they not bundled with the Network Edition yet?

There is no download-able client for Zimbra. The 'client' is the web-based interface.

Zimbra Mobile is for syncing phones that support email/calendar/contacts etc - using the same mechanism they would normally use to connect to Exchange etc.

I don't know if there's a separate version of the web-based client for mobile browsers.

Quote Originally Posted by p24t View Post
    There is no download-able client for Zimbra. The 'client' is the web-based interface.

Zimbra Mobile is for syncing phones that support email/calendar/contacts etc - using the same mechanism they would normally use to connect to Exchange etc.

I don't know if there's a separate version of the web-based client for mobile browsers.
    I found the j2me client on the zimbra site, but was wondering if there was a download on the Network Edition Admin area somewhere.

I'd imagine there's a way to push out emails to smart phones a la Exchange 2003 as well?

I don't know if the j2ME client is still in development or not - I suggest the J2ME forum section for info on that - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-j2me-mobile-client/

And yes Zimbra supports ActiveSync (or whatever it's called) for phones to sync to the Zimbra server.

I don't know if the j2ME client is still in development or not - I suggest the J2ME forum section for info on that - http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-j2me-mobile-client/

And yes Zimbra supports ActiveSync (or whatever it's called) for phones to sync to the Zimbra server.
    I am not familiar with ActiveSync. I'm assuming by what you're saying, it is already built into the smartphones?

I ran into the J2ME client... works fine on my phone, although I do have a different Samsung than the one they list. Very nice, I must say. I think I will try the generic to see if the one bug I found doesn't occur in the generic version.

Doesn't matter too much since all of the other mobile users will have smart phones.

The java program would just be for me.

Just to clarify for others who come along...
    ???
    For the Mobile web-client append ?client=mobile or /m/ to the end of your url on a 5.0.x box (both NE & FOSS), just like you would do /h/ for the Standard HTML web-client, or at the login screen select mobile.
    More can be found on it here:
    /blog/archives/2007/07/izimbra.html
    /blog/archives/2007/10/zimbra_for_your_firefox_sidebar_1.html
    Quote Originally Posted by EnriqueI View Post
    I found the j2me client on the zimbra site, but was wondering if there was a download on the Network Edition Admin area somewhere.
    ZME (J2ME client) as I see you've already tried out (http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...ks-mostly.html) isn't in your server downloads section or anything yet, you can grab it from a page on the hosted demo via this thread: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/zimbra-...j2me-beta.html

Zimbra Mobile is a NE feature (you can use it with your NE trial or the hosted demo) some configuration instruction can be found at Mobile Device Setup - Zimbra :: Wiki (though there are other specific pages for certain phones as needed) tested device list: /products/zimbra_mobile_device_list.html

ZCB (Connector for Blackbery) completes the mobility list