Thread: Reply popup is slow to populate

Default Reply popup is slow to populate

We seem to be having issues with the reply window in ZWC taking a *long* time to populate. Some people have been saying that the window will be blank for 7-10 seconds after hitting reply. This is composing in a new window. I tested with a machine on the LAN with the server in question and it did in fact take a long time.

Has anyone else been seeing similar issues?

I felt the same but only on first opening of a "new window" (either composing a new mail or replying to one) after loging in.

I'd say it stays empty for 4-5 seconds.

After this very first one, it's ok.

I had the same thought myself, so then I figured I would try a few others, one after another, testing if the message content was at fault. If I tried small, large, attachment or no, there was always this delay of a few seconds after I thought 'boy this should be up by now.'

I did notice some correlation to server load, but response was never what I felt was 'fast' even when the server doesn't show load. This box isn't exactly underprovisioned, dual opteron with 6GB memory and 10K or 15K SAS drives, so I don't see how it would have this bad of performance. My only guess is that something in the zimbra server is just slow.

4.5.x was snappy but 5.0.1 is a bit disappointing in the performance category. If there's something I can tune I'll be more than willing to try.