Thread: Shared calendars, iCal (leopard) and caldav

Hybrid View

Default Shared calendars, iCal (leopard) and caldav

I have the latest version of Zimbra (oss) installed on a ubuntu 6.06 server. I have created a user that will be used for shared calendaring only called "family".

I have shared the calendar with my regular user (david), and it shows up in zimbra with no problems.

I can subscribe to the normal users (david) caldav and both calendar's show up (david's and family's), *however*, I keep getting this in my syslog on my osx macbook:

Jan 24 10:18:06 mankind iCal[794]: Unexpected EOF, returning last token as fallback
    Jan 24 10:18:08: --- last message repeated 5 times ---
    Jan 24 10:18:08 mankind iCalExternalSync[811]: [ICalExternalSync ]Encountered *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: url)
    Jan 24 10:18:08 mankind iCalExternalSync[811]: [ICalExternalSync ]NSException name:NSInvalidArgumentException reason:*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: url)
    Jan 24 10:18:08 mankind [0x0-0x51051].com.apple.iCal[794]: 2008-01-24 10:18:08.375 iCalExternalSync[811:10b] [ICalExternalSync ]Encountered *** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: url)
    Jan 24 10:18:08 mankind [0x0-0x51051].com.apple.iCal[794]: 2008-01-24 10:18:08.378 iCalExternalSync[811:10b] [ICalExternalSync ]NSException name:NSInvalidArgumentException reason:*** -[NSCFDictionary setObject:forKey:]: attempt to insert nil value (key: url)
    The problem is, I believe that whatever is causing these errors is preventing me from syncing calendars with my iPhone via iTunes. If I remove the shared family calendar from my regular account, thing sync fine. Its only when I have the family's calendar subscribed to in zimbra that this happens.

The odd thing is, if I subscribe to the family calendar via caldav, I have no problems. Which, I can do, however, I would like both calendars to be in the same "locations" for each access method:

using iCal: both calendar's show up (with full permissions).

Has anyone seen this before? Is there a workaround? Am I doing anything wrong?

btw, there are no errors in zimbra's mailbox.log.

Thanks,
    David

Hi David,
    What URL are you using?
    Are you following the instructions in the wiki?

john

I have seen this too. It seems like there is a bug with the version of iCal that ships with Leopard, but I have not yet been able to pinpoint exactly what causes it.

Scott

Default yes

I followed the wiki entry.

The url I'm using is https://nameof.zimbra.server

I have everything 'zimbra' running over https.

This seems to be similar to the issue here:
    http://www.zimbra.com/forums/adminis...v-leopard.html

bug: Bug 23671 - iCal / Leopard CalDAV not showing all subscribed (shared) calendar entries

With 1 difference. I can see the shared calendars in iCal, they just dont sync to my iPhone via iTunes. In fact ,when I have the shared calendars in iCal, syncing seems to break entirely.

David

Default Experiencing the same problem

I have exactly the same issue. Zimbra is on https://<nameofserver> and CalDAV calendars appear in iCal but cannot be sync'd with the iPhone through iTunes -- they just don't appear in the iPhone calendar sync window.

This is using Zimbra 5.0.x, and iCal on Leopard, with iPhone 1.1.4. HELP!

Dave

Make sure none of your calendars have spaces in them. That causes many many problems