Thread: XMPP server to server not working

Default XMPP server to server not working

Hi there. I posted this in the install forum but I think that this forum is more appropriate.

Does XMPP server to server work with 5.0.1 GA? I can't seem to get it to work. I added my buddy (I tried gmail) and when he logs on he shows up as online but when I send a message it doesn't make it to his end. I see port 5269 open and I have it forwarded on my firewall. I know it should work since I ran openfire a week ago and have not changed my firewall configs. Port 5222 is forwarded correctly as well.

Server to server (IE cross domain chatting) is kinda the whole point of using XMPP. I think it should definitely be fixed if I'm not totally missing something here. So far, though, I think Zimbra 5.0 is a great product and I want to express my thanks to the Zimbra team.

Are you serious? No one has tried to use the XMPP server to server functionality?

dijichi2 is offline OpenSource Builder & Moderator

Server to server (IE cross domain chatting) is kinda the whole point of using XMPP. I think it should definitely be fixed if I'm not totally missing something here.
    the IM feature is BETA. External access was deliberately crippled in the release versions of 5.0 for various reasons (it worked to some degree in the RCs). I'm sure once the IM feature is developed more it will come back.

From what I was reading it was the gateway feature that was disabled. The xmpp gateway lets you connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, etc from you jabber client by interfacing with the external server. So you can talk to all your buddies from one jabber/xmpp client.

Thats not what I'm referring to. I'm taking about straight up xmpp to xmpp chat. Can a developer chime in? Is it supposed to be broken?