Thread: Zimbra 5.0.1 NPE - GAL - External LDAP issues

Default Zimbra 5.0.1 NPE - GAL - External LDAP issues

A few issues...

OK, so first of all, when I press "Configure GAL" .. it takes me through a wizard, which is all nice, unless I just wanted to edit one little part of the search filter. Can you make it so we can edit just one part (without going to CLI, which don't have access to for political reasons).

-----

After going through the GAL Wizard, it *forces* me to test. If I give it something that is actually FOUND in the directory, it says "Success" but it won't let me click save. and the results box is blank. If I type something like "not-possibly-a-valid-user" ... it also says success, but then allows me to click finish. That seems backwards? It should also allow me to click Finish without testing

-----

Now, it is configured and I can see the searches hitting the ldap server (in ldap logs) and I can see nentries=2 or 5 or whatever, so I know the search is succeeding and returning results. I can also manually do the search from my laptop command line, and get valid results, but it never shows them to the user searching for an address in the webUI. What might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
    Tommy

*BUMP* - no one responded to this last night

The first item is more of an RFE I guess.

The second item I consider a bug, but I don't know if its browser related (Firefox 2.0.0.10 on Solaris x64) or a problem in the code.

The third item is the one I *really* need help with. We have external auth working, GAL just isn't presenting anything to the users. As I said in the first post, watching the LDAP server logs, I can see the search going through correctly and a certain number of entries being returned, but they never appear in the GUI.

Tommy

One last attempt at help here... Does anyone have any tips?

I can have our provider submit a service ticket, I suppose