Hi all,

Before the holidays, I tried to move Zimbra to a new server. It did not work, so I am going to try again. I'm hoping someone can point to some of this so that things don't go wrong again. This move is scheduled for this saturday. Here goes.

The setup:


Old server = OSS 4.5.5 running on FC4. I am going to use the same OS on the new server & same version of zimbra. I figure keeping both things the same cuts down on troubleshooting. Of course I am planning on upgrading both the OS & ZCS in the near future.

Differences

1: I do not have a drive for backup/restore. I do, however have another server (Fedora 7) that has an NFS drive for this purpose. I don't believe NFS has anything to do with my issues, but I am throwing this out there.

2: My current server is working - it can send and get mail. However, I have turned off both AV & Spam (I have a Barracuda that scrubs email before it even gets to the Zimbra box).

3: If I go into the Zimbra Admin page, to "Monitoring" then "Server Statistics" I notice that at the end of October it stops updating the statistics. I can't remember what happened in October - possibly the ClamAv had a bad update or something.

4: If I go into "Server Status" - Spell is off (red X) - snmp, MTA, Mailbox, Logger and LDAP are all on (green check). Spelling has never worked - from day one.

What I did:

I am using the directions from jholder's blog

When I did this before - I ran into an error:
http://www.zimbra.com/forums/install...rror-help.html

The errors were:

Fetching CA from ldap...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException bradmail.bradnet.local:389)
ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException bradmail.bradnet.local:389)

AND

Setting up syslog.conf...ERROR: service.FAILURE (system failure: getDirectContext) (cause: javax.naming.CommunicationException bradmail.bradnet.local:389)
Done


Thanks for any and all help on this move.

Rob