Thread: Upgrade to 5.02 and greylisting question.

Default Upgrade to 5.02 and greylisting question.

Hi,

If I upgrade to 5.02GA will I lose any settings that I created? E.g: postgrey, spamassassin, filters, user settings?

Also how can I view the greylisted accounts and whitelist/blacklist them from the GUI? I think there was a GUI for 4.5 which allowed the list and modification of the greylisted email addresses.

Thanks,
    Miklos

Depends on what you mean by "settings". If you are talking about custom hacks of the configuration files these will most likely be lost in an upgrade. Anything that you can do through the admin interface or the zmprov command though should be kept through an upgrade.

I am not sure what you mean exactly by "greylisted" accounts. If you are talking about locked accounts then the UI is still in the same place it has always been.

If this is an option for you I would highly reccomend installing 5.0.2 on a test server and checking out the changes in the UI and functionality before you run this upgrade on your live server. If you don't have hardware to dedicate to this then you can always use something like VMware server to create a virtual machine to test it out in.

Hmm...for your post it looked like you were on a 4.5.x server but your ZCS version shows you as on 5.0 GA. The same thing goes for the settings though. Any custom hacks on the configuration files will probably be lost but anything done through zmprov or the Admin interface is safe as it is backed up during the upgrade.

I am on a 5.01 currently, however I did add alot of additional stuff, like postgrey, pyzor, razor, added alot of filters for emails accounts as well as distribution lists. Will I lose these settings?

As for the greylisting. In case of postgrey what happens is whenever an email comes in it is greylisted for 5 minutes and a 450 error is sent back to the sender forcing his mailserver to resend, once the second set of triplets match the mail is allowed through otherwise dumping the mail. This kills about 90% of my spam. I read in one of the wikis that in version 4.5 there was a GUI patch to see which actual emails/addresses were greylisted and in the end dumped. I found the following link:
    Connecting with SQLGrey - Zimbra :: Wiki
    This one uses SQLGrey which I would use if this was available in 5.x.

From the sounds of it those are tweaks to the configuration files so I would make sure that your backup includes all the configuration files and then check the differences as your current setup will probably be lost or messed up in some way. Again if you have a test server available what I would do is set it up like your current production server is running and then perform the upgrade to see what issues will present themselves.
    Open Source Edition Backup Procedure - Zimbra :: Wiki
    That might help you in creating a backup server pretty easily