I have two requests:
1) could we put a version note at the top of the script? For example:
and, on that note, both the indicated version checks give curious output:
## *** Info ***
# VERSION: .0.7 released 12/23/2009
# USAGE: -h or --help for help & usage.
# -f or --full for Full backup.
# -d or --diff for Diff backup.
# -V or --version for version info.
# --INSTALL for script install and setup.
# sh zmbak_v.0.7.sh -V
use -h or --help for assistance
--V and --version give identical (even down to the seemingly wrong 1.02 version number) on v.0.5, by the way.
# sh zmbak_v.0.7.sh --version
first published Feb 08
Change Log March 08:
- Use the su command insted if sudo to stop and start services
- Using shutdown insted of stop with zmcontrol
- DATE_VERSION.txt now contains date and version and is created with full backups
- Built in some more checks
- eMail notification on error
- Documentation - Added more comments
- Dar archive is now built from current dir
- Stats hack to make sure stats is starting again
- 260 more lines of code... and who knows how many bugs
2) could we stamp the log with the date, not just the time, of run? For example:
full Backup started at: 20:03
full Backup started at: Sun Jan 3 20:03:48 PST 2010