Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Yet Another Backup Script for Community Version

It's some sort of binary that grows with each differential. Then it gets smaller with the full and grows again until the next full. And, I was wrong, it was in the log even before the edits. Here is a sample of the beginning of the file when opened in a text editor:

3%O04_ZimbraBackup_20120129_DIFF.txt]Io\G>E]4†‰V79 ‡i`‹9FKeqi›˘ıHz&–ı˚K˚˘˙˘jıœ _…∑˜˜∑˛oı∞}Ωyz∫π>mW˝„„˝◊˘˛t≠˛˙% d:˛*ˇˇ√›’ˆ/’˝–˙fi˙:ˇ˘˘ߴo€_s˘K˝˙˜?/˛‰›‹˛˙xın˙fi˝„?VW◊@+tn∑\∫p9˝◊ _≠ˇM∫x˝‚P;˘˝—fi˝(≤,4haMyc∆˘˜Ni%?QH gi˚v{˜W‰‰kDŒCϪ€SjF“”⁄Q[nw◊€/pfl˝˝”◊•∞∑&^˚‹S‚* ˘@i›;‰|›>∆∂≥EiubcQ]∫”–4ŸR˛q[dc9m.…≥’m|∫*/ˇ~€ˇ◊‡/^≥QN5 ˚A◊xƒoˆ—A—@‚MHg€3’,5P€∑ +j∂& <O∑?]=>≠Ÿ]8t‡⁄*%m∏ŸR*‹QŒ∏fl∏˚∫߫<4\|w˛,Yz5l C3˙?.∂&◊‰◊˛„P‡A4|_ƒ5a*s∆q2œ– >r9')œLy5π6o–√Y›+9E

Quote Originally Posted by kazooless View Post
    It's some sort of binary that grows with each differential. Then it gets smaller with the full and grows again until the next full. And, I was wrong, it was in the log even before the edits. Here is a sample of the beginning of the file when opened in a text editor:
    It has attached a uuencoded version of the .txt.gz log file for that day's backup to the email. This particular log gives the details of the files that have been backed up during that session.
    Code:
    3%O04_ZimbraBackup_20120129_DIFF.txt]Io\G
    I assume you have this in your script:
    Code:
    ATTACHLIST="yes"
    You can set it to "no" to remove it from the email. You can still look at the log file on the mail server, should the need arise.

I've been using the script now for a few months (Great work BTW). The backup goes off without a hitch. I have since setup a failover server and do daily restores of these backups... the FULL also finishes without error or incident, however the DIFF's are still throwing this:

/tmp/restore/store/0/11/msg/0/1040-1703.msg must be removed, but does not match expected type, remove it anyway ? [return = OK | Esc = cancel]
    Continuing...

I simply [Enter] through the messages and the restore finishes. I have tested failover server operation after the restore and all seems to be fine but I can't be sure of everyone's accounts. Am I missing something or not doinf something correctly?

I saw the post about the DIFF's being a "full" DIFF and not incremental... so I restore the FULL then the latest DIFF each day.

Thanks.

PS. Using 0.8 Alpha version of the sript.
    Last edited by Brotherbbad; 02-08-2012 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brotherbbad View Post
    however the DIFF's are still throwing this:

/tmp/restore/store/0/11/msg/0/1040-1703.msg must be removed, but does not match expected type, remove it anyway ? [return = OK | Esc = cancel]
    Continuing...

Am I missing something or not doinf something correctly?
    Here is a forum discussing the issue, including posts from the author of dar:
    support requests for DAR - Disk ARchive

The author suggests using the -wa option:
    Code:
     -wa, --no-warn=all  This implies the -w option, and means that over avoiding warning for file overwriting, DAR also avoid signaling  a
                               file  about  to be removed when its type is not the expected one. File are removed when they have been recorded as
                               deleted since the archive of reference. At restoration of the differential archive, if a file of  the  given  name
                               exists,  it is remove, but if the type does not match the file that was present at the time of the archive of ref-
                               erence (directory, plain file, fifo, socket, char or block device, etc.), a warning is normally issued to  prevent
                               the accidental removal of data that was not saved in the backup of reference. (See also -k option)
    To me, this might be a bug, since obviously the file types should be the same.

1. Make sure you have the latest version of dar.
    2. When you get the message, see if you can compare the file in an older dar, when it still existed, to the file on the failover server. If one is a soft link, e.g., and the other a file, it would give this error.
    3. The author mentions that if you got this error when restoring from scratch "there may be something wrong in the way dar is used." Are you restoring over the top of any files, or to an empty directory? Obviously, if the dar command in the script is not correct, we'd all like to know. I have done full and diff restores to another server before, and have not gotten this error.
    4. You might also consider asking on the dar support mailing list, https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/...fo/dar-support.
    Last edited by LaFong; 02-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

Default first go with zmbak and zmDBbac - fail

This is my first mailserver install. I'm not a sysadmin by trade; I just like to dabble in these things. I'm a relatively experienced Linux user. Zimbra on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.

I've been iterating through errors, figuring out a bit more each time, but I've run up on a stump: I'd like to encrypt my backups, and I have dar installed. When I run my first zmbak -f, though, I get:

Code:
    Writing a full backup: 06_ZimbraBackup_20120210_FULL
    into: /Backup/zimbra_dars/ with file sizes of max: 15360M
    Saving Encrypted Archive...
    Parse error on command line (or included files): Unknown argument : &
    Dar had a problem!
    There's nothing in /var/log/zim_backup.log, and the error doesn't really tell me much. Where can I look for more info? What else can I tell you that will help?

Code:
    Dar had a problem!
    Quote Originally Posted by mailman1175 View Post
    There's nothing in /var/log/zim_backup.log, and the error doesn't really tell me much. Where can I look for more info? What else can I tell you that will help?
    Maybe the script is not using bash. I know that Debian/Ubuntu use dash for some things. The first shebang line in the script should specify bash. I would assume you have bash installed. Check that /bin/bash is not a link to dash, make sure you have bash installed, try a
    Code:
    /bin/bash --version
    to confirm it's using bash.

When I run my first zmbak -f
    I'm guessing you're running from the command line. The cronjob actually forces bash. You can force bash from the command line:
    Code:
    /bin/bash -c '/usr/local/sbin/zmbak.sh -f > /var/log/zim_backup.log 2>&1'

You should state what version of Zimbra this script is for...

Quote Originally Posted by LaFong View Post
    Code:
    Dar had a problem!
    Maybe the script is not using bash. I know that Debian/Ubuntu use dash for some things. The first shebang line in the script should specify bash. I would assume you have bash installed. Check that /bin/bash is not a link to dash, make sure you have bash installed, try a
    Code:
    /bin/bash --version
    to confirm it's using bash.
    Confirmed that I'm using GNU bash.

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
    You should state what version of Zimbra this script is for...
    As far as I can tell, neither of the scripts are version-specific. I'm using zmbak_v.0.8.sh and zmDBbac.sh (0.5 alpha).