Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Home Tab: Project, Features, & Layouts

Default Home Tab: Project, Features, & Layouts

According to the "What's New" link (http://www.zimbra.com/products/whats_new.html), there is now a Home Tab that can be configured. Where's it located at?

Most of that stuff is custom work being done for large service providers (for instance /blog/archives/2007/05/comcast_zimbra_future_of_unified_messaging.html) but I've attached a pic of the example portal that's included for you to play with

To get you started:
    Checkout your /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbra/portals/
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraFeaturePortalEnabled TRUE
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraPortalName example
    It can be applied to COS's as well - I would suggest working on a devel box or test account first of course
    You can find some JSP tags (JavaServer Pages) in /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/zimbra/WEB-INF/tags/ (the 'mobile' folder contains some good examples)

We haven't yet rolled this out with a standard design or documentation - but you're more than welcome to write a community guide from what you can come up with on your own!

For things like voicemail & home portals, huge providers/organizations should contact their sales rep if they need to purchase professional services. Just please don't bog down the support staff with tickets about this - as this isn't a 'regular' feature yet.

Last edited by mmorse; 07-07-2008 at 07:58 AM.

WOW! I have to say that while I am no fan of Outlook in any way, the Today screen in Outlook is a good idea, and it looks like this "Home screen" feature has even more potential. I'd love to see more examples! (that work, of course).
    mark daniel | actc
    zcs 6 ose | mac pro | mac os x server 10.4.11

This looks great, people love summary pages. If it's customizable, all the better as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to the docs.

So, if this is not a "regular feature", then why document it in the What's New guide? I don't mean to sound like a jerk... it just seems odd to announce a feature and then tell us not to use it. Just something the Zimbra folks might bear in mind for the future.

Also, when enabling the example portal, mine looks more like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by peng1can View Post
    Also, when enabling the example portal, mine looks more like this...
    I get the same thing if I'm in the Ajax client; when I switch to the HTML client, then I get a home page that looks like the one that Mike posted.

Lisa

Thanks Mark & p24t! We think it's got great potential too & there's even more cool stuff in the works than ever before!

When you guys (& gals!) got some mock-ups or a consolidated list of wanted features ready, might be a good idea to create an RFE for people to track & show support.

So, the "ability to enable a welcome page view in the web clients" is what's completed right now; & you can certainly certainly keep your organization up to date with news and information via static content on that tab. We defiantly know that making it into a portal or today page will be really sweet - but don't let "just voting for the RFE" keep it from rising as a community project though!

Example:

-This is attempting to integrate Liferay.
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-03-2008 at 01:42 PM. Reason: oops '& gals' - sry didn't mean to forget ya lisa

If you want us to roll one out, it's time to show some love: Bug 24551 - Home Tab GA - Requested Layouts & Features (some other good one's linked in there to vote for as well)

Another example:

-Some jumping off points for it:
    script.aculo.us - web 2.0 javascript
    Prototype JavaScript framework: Easy Ajax and DOM manipulation for dynamic web applications
    (I'll see if I can get the customer to share it...)

Edit-
    MOTD on the outside: http://www.zimbra.com/forums/develop...ogin-page.html
    Last edited by mmorse; 11-03-2008 at 02:20 PM.

Round 2:
    -Easily updated message area; where the admin simply updates a notices.txt (a
    good alternative to bug 23813 splash screen on login)
    You know, Mike.. a MOTD would be extremely awesome.