Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Home Tab: Project, Features, & Layouts

Hybrid View

Default Home Tab: Project, Features, & Layouts

According to the "What's New" link (http://www.zimbra.com/products/whats_new.html), there is now a Home Tab that can be configured. Where's it located at?

Most of that stuff is custom work being done for large service providers (for instance /blog/archives/2007/05/comcast_zimbra_future_of_unified_messaging.html) but I've attached a pic of the example portal that's included for you to play with

To get you started:
    Checkout your /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/webapps/zimbra/portals/
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraFeaturePortalEnabled TRUE
    zmprov ma user@domain.com zimbraPortalName example
    It can be applied to COS's as well - I would suggest working on a devel box or test account first of course
    You can find some JSP tags (JavaServer Pages) in /opt/zimbra/mailboxd/zimbra/WEB-INF/tags/ (the 'mobile' folder contains some good examples)

We haven't yet rolled this out with a standard design or documentation - but you're more than welcome to write a community guide from what you can come up with on your own!

For things like voicemail & home portals, huge providers/organizations should contact their sales rep if they need to purchase professional services. Just please don't bog down the support staff with tickets about this - as this isn't a 'regular' feature yet.

Last edited by mmorse; 07-07-2008 at 06:58 AM.

WOW! I have to say that while I am no fan of Outlook in any way, the Today screen in Outlook is a good idea, and it looks like this "Home screen" feature has even more potential. I'd love to see more examples! (that work, of course).
    mark daniel | actc
    zcs 6 ose | mac pro | mac os x server 10.4.11

This looks great, people love summary pages. If it's customizable, all the better as far as I'm concerned.

Looking forward to the docs.

So, if this is not a "regular feature", then why document it in the What's New guide? I don't mean to sound like a jerk... it just seems odd to announce a feature and then tell us not to use it. Just something the Zimbra folks might bear in mind for the future.

Also, when enabling the example portal, mine looks more like this...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Well had a play with this and thought would bump the thread back into life I have run the commands mmorse has mentioned and indeed it now shows a welcome page, yet it does not seem to load the example portal I have even modified the code under /opt/zimbra/jetty/webapps/zimbra/h/home to change the last login information and once I ran zmmailboxdctl restart and that works fine. Just nothing from the example/static.html is shown Oh, and if you try it with the Ajax client it just hangs at the login stage

The welcome page/s look great! Will these be part of an upcoming ZCS release?
    We have just switched to ZCS and getting some users off their beloved Outlook is quite a challenge!

Regards,
    Sean.

This feature is looking awesome, but does anyone have an ajax working example? I'm unfortunately really bad in things like this.

greetins
    flo

I solved some problem for the ajax version, I added the refresh property
    in every definition
    <property name='refresh'>3000000</property>
    and it works well, but I'm experiencing another problem, it works only on internet explorer, firefox has a strange behaviour sometime it loads everything, sometime all iframes are equal sometime all is empty.

I think it could be a problem in the com_zimbra_html zimlet, is there any new version of this zimlet ?